Ultimate Diesel Performance

MPI

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My family is on the world board for ford and is the main dealer in a large city for Ford/Mazda/Hyundai, Also I use to drive army tanks :lol:

I also like cruizing at hi speed and now and then hit 220 klm/h when blowing the doors off some thai in his BMW/Merc or sports car.

220 Kph and you think thats fast.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Kwasaki

What a load of B.S. . My Etan uses 1/3 of your fuel , hunts a long at a max .of 50 k's per hour ,Loves cruising at 40. Is a total delight to drive. A nd gets massive accolades from Thais. You lot really are a bunch or wanke_rs .In an energy deficient. world.

My family is on the world board for ford and is the main dealer in a large city for Ford/Mazda/Hyundai, Also I use to drive army tanks :lol:

I also like cruizing at hi speed and now and then hit 220 klm/h when blowing the doors off some thai in his BMW/Merc or sports car.

No not at all, and isnt the top speed of my truck but most give up well before then B)

What a load of B.S. . My Etan uses 1/3 of your fuel , hunts a long at a max .of 50 k's per hour ,Loves cruising at 40. Is a total delight to drive. A nd gets massive accolades from Thais. You lot really are a bunch or wanke_rs .In an energy deficient. world.

I go faster on a peddle bike than that, give me a 1000cc bike at 7-8 to the litre 315 kph anytime.:D

I doubt that the Thais really care what you are doing but I am sure they get a good laugh from the stupid farang driving a Etan :cheesy:

No not at all, and isnt the top speed of my truck but most give up well before then B)

OK come on then what is the top speed of your truck, no porkies now.:D

OK come on then what is the top speed of your truck, no porkies now.:D

Just fitted a new gearbox, Old standard box would redline at 4500 & 220 klm/h the new gearing on paper it should have a top speed of 236 Klm/h at redline 4500 and can take it to 5000 rpm and a higher top end of just over 260 klm/h but really no point.

Edited by Shocktreatment

I doubt that the Thais really care what you are doing but I am sure they get a good laugh from the stupid farang driving a Etan :cheesy:

Tree Hugger.. Most likely got No Smoking Signs and Baby on Board Stickers .Energy Deficient Bahhh, theres plenty in our Shell Garage.Free Pigybacks for FARMERS I SAY.:D

Surprisingly ,they don't.They actually LOVE me driving an Etan. They quite detest stupid farang farang driving pick=ups.I get so many waves and thumbs ups, and yes the Thais DO understand thumbs -up ,even if you do not. You see ,it means I am not am an arrogant shit, who is flaunting his wealth. Which ,actually is a bigger problem than most farang are not prepared to confront, now.but, in the future?

maybe the ultimate diesel design should be putting the exhaust in the cabin. I mean, you love your diesel, right? so don't be polluting so other people can smell your crappy exhaust that's worse than smoking. You never read that diesel can cause cancer extremely quickly? check it:

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/07/30/study-diesel-particulates-cause-heart-attacks/

maybe the ultimate diesel design should be putting the exhaust in the cabin. I mean, you love your diesel, right? so don't be polluting so other people can smell your crappy exhaust that's worse than smoking. You never read that diesel can cause cancer extremely quickly? check it:

http://green.autoblo...-heart-attacks/

Didn't see the word 'cancer' show up once in that article.

Now, that is surely really cute .Poison them <What a delightful solution. Solve so many problems!!!! My problem , is that we used to call them petrol -heads . What do we call them Now ? Atmospheric poisoners?

Thais see ferang as an Idiot driving a Thailan, poverty struck Bums..They upgrade to a small Truck as soon as possible.Its embarrassing for the Thai Lady as well. Yes i drove them 25 years ago, but now id even drive a Tuna than one of Those Things..Some put Isuzu 4Pot Clackers in them and blow away Honda's, great fun.:D

Do you mean your family, or a member of your family is on the Board of Directors of the Ford Motor Company and is also currently a 'main dealer for Ford/Mazda/Hyundai'? If you mean family, rather than a family member, you obviously must be part of the Ford family as there are two of those on the FMC board (Edsel & William). On the surface, your claim here, unless made in error, appears incorrect. If your statement is correct, I hope your hot pick up is a Ranger! Like you I am also off topic, but I'm sure the other posters are most interested to know.annoyed.gif

Edited by Woodsie888

Surprisingly ,they don't.They actually LOVE me driving an Etan. They quite detest stupid farang farang driving pick=ups.I get so many waves and thumbs ups, and yes the Thais DO understand thumbs -up ,even if you do not. You see ,it means I am not am an arrogant shit, who is flaunting his wealth. Which ,actually is a bigger problem than most farang are not prepared to confront, now.but, in the future?

Now thats BS :lol:

I enjoy a pickup with power and large motorcycles, enjoyed it in the west as well and has nothing to do with flauting wealth just a passion I have. Just because you are on the bones of your ass and cant afford a real pickup you blame all frangs.

Thais look down on Thais driving a Etan but you want us to believe they look upto you for it :cheesy:

Many of the rich Thais I know still have a pickup, for carting track bikes or track/Drag racing.

Edited by Shocktreatment

Some how I dont think you belong in this thread as well you can turn the piggy back off and only use when racing and can drive on standard ECU settings with out a problem.

Some how I dont think you belong in this thread as well you can turn the piggy back off and only use when racing and can drive on standard ECU settings with out a problem.

Save us from Killjoys.:D

Do you mean your family, or a member of your family is on the Board of Directors of the Ford Motor Company and is also currently a 'main dealer for Ford/Mazda/Hyundai'? If you mean family, rather than a family member, you obviously must be part of the Ford family as there are two of those on the FMC board (Edsel & William). On the surface, your claim here, unless made in error, appears incorrect. If your statement is correct, I hope your hot pick up is a Ranger! Like you I am also off topic, but I'm sure the other posters are most interested to know.annoyed.gif

Not a Ranger :bah:

No not the board of director, its a world wide group of all the main ford delears that get free trips to see whats new every year or so.

Not a Ranger :bah:

No not the board of director, its a world wide group of all the main ford delears that get free trips to see whats new every year or so.

Ford Dealer Councils are actually Country specific, not the entire world.

Thais see ferang as an Idiot driving a Thailan, poverty struck Bums..They upgrade to a small Truck as soon as possible.Its embarrassing for the Thai Lady as well. Yes i drove them 25 years ago, but now id even drive a Tuna than one of Those Things..Some put Isuzu 4Pot Clackers in them and blow away Honda's, great fun.:D

What is a "Thailan"? never heard of that before/,Thais where il ive ,certainly DO NOT see me as an idiot.Quite the reverse. My lady enjoys the Etan, though she complains I drive too fast.55555555.What did you drive 25 years ago? it was NOT an Etan, they hadn't been developed or made then. Pretty poor choice of words ,to describe me as a BUM, Having recently finished a teaching career of 15 years in Thailand,including teaching at The Bank of Thailand ( Thailands Cental or Reserve Bank), Rajaphat Suan Dusit University, Rajamangala Porpit Pimuk University. I had an Isuzu pick-up .Extremely boring to drive, Very happy to dispose of it. Quite wrong to presume that they "upgrade" to a small truck. They Don't. Why ? you can only put 1 ton max. on a pick-up, An Etan ,can load 3 to 4 ton , if you fit overload springs. When i bought mine ,about 4 years ago, they were quite rare, Now they are very common, due to their versatility.

What is a "Thailan"? never heard of that before/,Thais where il ive ,certainly DO NOT see me as an idiot.Quite the reverse. My lady enjoys the Etan, though she complains I drive too fast.55555555.What did you drive 25 years ago? it was NOT an Etan, they hadn't been developed or made then. Pretty poor choice of words ,to describe me as a BUM, Having recently finished a teaching career of 15 years in Thailand,including teaching at The Bank of Thailand ( Thailands Cental or Reserve Bank), Rajaphat Suan Dusit University, Rajamangala Porpit Pimuk University. I had an Isuzu pick-up .Extremely boring to drive, Very happy to dispose of it. Quite wrong to presume that they "upgrade" to a small truck. They Don't. Why ? you can only put 1 ton max. on a pick-up, An Etan ,can load 3 to 4 ton , if you fit overload springs. When i bought mine ,about 4 years ago, they were quite rare, Now they are very common, due to their versatility.

both of your posts are boring for those seeking Ultimate Diesel Performance. which is what this topic is about.

back on topic please, no more pollution or etans, besides I am the only beachbum around here :D

Thais see ferang as an Idiot driving a Thailan, poverty struck Bums..They upgrade to a small Truck as soon as possible.Its embarrassing for the Thai Lady as well. Yes, drove them 25 years ago, but now id even drive a Tuna than one of Those Things..Some put Isuzu 4Pot Clackers in them and blow away Honda's, great fun.:D

Oh well !! ' afarang ' this is a thread on ' Ultimate Diesel Performance ' and I think ' Shocktreatment ' replies are a bit insulting but you have got your ' Ultimate diesel preformance ' and he has his, and it all comes down to whatever way we choose to go, the question is why do we actually do it !!! " Because we can ".

As for ' wandrinstar ' everyone has there take on things I only wish he would be a little more coherent sometimes.

For me ultimate performance comes from petrol engine cars and preformance for them is being pushed towards hybrid models so it depends how you define ' Ultimate '.

As for being Off Topic.,not intended.The Thailand as Thais referred to them round here have some awesome 2 and 3 Litre Engines.The Young Bloods Bling em, Wheels , Horns, Spotlights Engines Chipped up at the Local Trade/Tec School. They meet on Sunday Afternoon,just like any other young enthusiasts.The Engines look fantastic, like a Pick Up Magazine Show Job.. Good Luck to them i say.Its an Area thing.They, Thalains have been around since the first crashed Nissan / Toyota Pick Ups,in South Central.:jap: . Bang on Topic, why do thet blow smoke like ScaniaTractor Truck Racers,are they set wrong.?.

You can tune a diesel to blow little or no smoke but when chasing big HP you need large amounts of fuel and air rammed into a engine, Normaly thick black smoke under load then as the turbo spools it will thin out.

Best to have a on off switch for piggy backs so you can putt around town with out smoking everyone out and isnt much of a problem on the highway unless you are flooring it.

My truck should make next months rounds of truck mags as it has a few parts never used in Thailand diesels before. As well as being one of the fastest street diesel trucks in Thailand.

• 3 weeks later...

Thailand has plug and play race chips, buy a Race truck mag and call one of the 20 odd ecu and race chip suppliers

So now we have gone from

piggyback 3in1 harness. we usually do the fitting ourselves, but i am in the process of making a full engine wire diagram-instruction for fitting. this unit is the closests thing to a standalone system we have for the commonrail diesel trucks 4cyl.

Models supported Commonrail:

Toyota (vigo/fortuner) 1kd-2kd engines -3l and 2.5l

Mitsubishi (triton, pajero) 4m41 and 4d56 -3.2 and 2.5l

Isuzu (Dmax, Mu7) 2.5l and 3L

Chevy (colorado, optra) 2.5 and 3l

Ford (ranger) 2.5 and 3l

Nissan (navara) 2.5 low and high spec.

To 6 cylinder diesel Teanas and a BMW,

Depends what you really want, my mate runs a full piggy back kit on his new TRD auto forskinner with out any problems at all, even if something did got wrong I would highly doubt it would require a new transmission

Ran 3x the HP 2 x the torque on a manual transmission for a hard 16,000 klm with out a problem.

A piggy back isnt for the old man down the road that wants a little more power like a race chip but can be tuned that way.

Have you ever driven a car with a full piggy back and boost system ? add a large turbo and you have some serous power that would leave many performance cars behind.

So you stay at home with your race chip and your warrenty and I will head to the drag strip with out my warrenty :D

drag strips, phuu thats boring. If I want speed, I ride a bike

what I want is performance in a daily comfy driver, doing 50-180kmh in few seconds, and cruising 160kmh for hours at low 3000rpm. Thats how I use my vehicles here in Thailand

the distance from ultimate tune to 12k baht cheap tune has become very small

my 2011 Pajero Sport 2,5 already has 178hp/400Nm from factory. ad 12k baht pressure box and dump pipe, its +230hp and 480Nm. 450Nm at 1400rpm. smooth and fast enough

the Ranger I have ordered for January delivery provides 200hp/470Nm from stock 3,2 fivepot. ad the same 12k baht pressurechips and dump pipe, we see 260hp/600Nm.

both with maintained warranty 3-5 years

used to own a car dealership for 2 decades, used to work as a manufactorer test driver, have 2 seasons rally in my spine, you cant imagine what i have been driving. but to mention a couple of extreme diesels, 5,9 Cummins at 450hp, 7,3 Ford with 50% LPG at 500hp. but the most fun was my 1973 beetle with 160hp and my first rally Golf with 180 hp in 800kg/1500pound car

Firstly, I apologise, I've come into this debate a little late. I've just purchased a 2002 ( according to the "book" ) SportRider ( 5 sp Manual 3.0ltr ) with an indicated 130k on the clock. For it's age it drives O.K. but I'd like a bit moore oomph ! I didn't buy new because I'm semi-retired on a restricted budget. I have a PCX to use about town, so the SportRider is mainly for going a distance ( living in Pattaya with in-laws in Phichit ). "Smooth, economical cruising + overtaking ability - smoke" best describes what I'm looking to achieve. I appreciate this is a "basic" non-turbo 4 pot, engine.

VIN plate details :- Model LN167RCRMSSTA ; Eng 5L : Plant 235 Aug 99

Could you please clarify if / what / where I can get a sensible performance upgrade for THB12k ( or am I reading this wrong ? ). Do the upgrades discussed here only apply to Common-Rail, Turbo-charged, Inter-cooled engines ?

Any dealers / suppliers reading this; I have THB12k to spend, I'll be in Bangkok in 3 weeks - please make me a sensible offer ( for a sensible performance gain ) .......................

Thanks in anticipation,

the Proffesor

Thailand has plug and play race chips, buy a Race truck mag and call one of the 20 odd ecu and race chip suppliers

So now we have gone from

piggyback 3in1 harness. we usually do the fitting ourselves, but i am in the process of making a full engine wire diagram-instruction for fitting. this unit is the closests thing to a standalone system we have for the commonrail diesel trucks 4cyl.

Models supported Commonrail:

Toyota (vigo/fortuner) 1kd-2kd engines -3l and 2.5l

Mitsubishi (triton, pajero) 4m41 and 4d56 -3.2 and 2.5l

Isuzu (Dmax, Mu7) 2.5l and 3L

Chevy (colorado, optra) 2.5 and 3l

Ford (ranger) 2.5 and 3l

Nissan (navara) 2.5 low and high spec.

To 6 cylinder diesel Teanas and a BMW,

Depends what you really want, my mate runs a full piggy back kit on his new TRD auto forskinner with out any problems at all, even if something did got wrong I would highly doubt it would require a new transmission

Ran 3x the HP 2 x the torque on a manual transmission for a hard 16,000 klm with out a problem.

A piggy back isnt for the old man down the road that wants a little more power like a race chip but can be tuned that way.

Have you ever driven a car with a full piggy back and boost system ? add a large turbo and you have some serous power that would leave many performance cars behind.

So you stay at home with your race chip and your warrenty and I will head to the drag strip with out my warrenty :D

drag strips, phuu thats boring. If I want speed, I ride a bike

what I want is performance in a daily comfy driver, doing 50-180kmh in few seconds, and cruising 160kmh for hours at low 3000rpm. Thats how I use my vehicles here in Thailand

the distance from ultimate tune to 12k baht cheap tune has become very small

my 2011 Pajero Sport 2,5 already has 178hp/400Nm from factory. ad 12k baht pressure box and dump pipe, its +230hp and 480Nm. 450Nm at 1400rpm. smooth and fast enough

the Ranger I have ordered for January delivery provides 200hp/470Nm from stock 3,2 fivepot. ad the same 12k baht pressurechips and dump pipe, we see 260hp/600Nm.

both with maintained warranty 3-5 years

used to own a car dealership for 2 decades, used to work as a manufactorer test driver, have 2 seasons rally in my spine, you cant imagine what i have been driving. but to mention a couple of extreme diesels, 5,9 Cummins at 450hp, 7,3 Ford with 50% LPG at 500hp. but the most fun was my 1973 beetle with 160hp and my first rally Golf with 180 hp in 800kg/1500pound car

Firstly, I apologise, I've come into this debate a little late. I've just purchased a 2002 ( according to the "book" ) SportRider ( 5 sp Manual 3.0ltr ) with an indicated 130k on the clock. For it's age it drives O.K. but I'd like a bit moore oomph ! I didn't buy new because I'm semi-retired on a restricted budget. I have a PCX to use about town, so the SportRider is mainly for going a distance ( living in Pattaya with in-laws in Phichit ). "Smooth, economical cruising + overtaking ability - smoke" best describes what I'm looking to achieve. I appreciate this is a "basic" non-turbo 4 pot, engine.

VIN plate details :- Model LN167RCRMSSTA ; Eng 5L : Plant 235 Aug 99

Could you please clarify if / what / where I can get a sensible performance upgrade for THB12k ( or am I reading this wrong ? ). Do the upgrades discussed here only apply to Common-Rail, Turbo-charged, Inter-cooled engines ?

Any dealers / suppliers reading this; I have THB12k to spend, I'll be in Bangkok in 3 weeks - please make me a sensible offer ( for a sensible performance gain ) .......................

Thanks in anticipation,

the Proffesor

PM '' philipm '' :)