Brit Pattaya Bar Cashier Arrested For Working Illegally

Rimmer

Brit Pattaya Bar Cashier Arrested For Working Illegally

PATTAYA:-- A Briton, who was working illegally as a bar cashier at a beer bar in Pattaya’s Walking Street, was arrested by Immigration officials and will be prosecuted under the terms of the Immigration Act dealing with offending aliens.

Full story

HERE

pattayadailynews

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-03-17

He should have known better ,, to work in the bar , but you can stand on the roadside and sell yourself

just like the eastern block and african men and women do and when caught just get a 400 baht fine ,colino

I hate nick pickers ,colino

happy now

Edited by colino

He should have known better ,, you cant work in a bar here without a WP , but you can stand on the roadside and sell yourself

just like the eastern block and african men and women do and when caught just get a 400 baht fine ,colino

No a farang can not work in a bar period. (Behind the counter or in front taking money) That is the law. A bar manager is just a PR position to draw customers in, a friendly face. They are not behind the counter or taking money.

Edited by gotlost

Believe this is Roxy A Go Go ? he has been a hoster and greeter in there a long time. Am sure he was a manager, not the owner. This incident will certainly be a wake call to all those unofficial managers on a salary, you need to arrange a work permit as part of your contract with the owner. If your serious about this as a long term job, its not worth taking the shortcut. I hope Jason will be able to "negotiate" a way forward with the BIB !!

All it takes is a spat with an employee or a malicious competitor and you are potentially on your bike. I'm amazed at how many hotels and bars in Big P have falang who run this gauntlet every day.

Many years ago, I was in a bar in Pattaya. The "owner" was a Thai lady. Her husband was the defacto owner. It was the middle of the afternoon and the wife and gone in the back with their baby. Someone came in and ordered a drink. The husband stepped behind the bar and got the drink.

Outside, watching and waiting, were the police (immigration maybe), who promptly came in and arrested him. At that time, it was just an on-the-spot fine.

He should have known better ,, you cant work in a bar here without a WP , but you can stand on the roadside and sell yourself

No a farang can not work in a bar period. (Behind the counter or in front taking money) That is the law. A bar manager is just a PR position to draw customers in, a friendly face. They are not behind the counter or taking money.

Samui every bar owner is allowed to work behind the bars, pull pints serve food, everything and anything.

i had a work permit and was behind the bars many times when the police came in, never a problem, i am amazed how tight it is up here.

Samui every bar owner is allowed to work behind the bars, pull pints serve food, everything and anything.

i had a work permit and was behind the bars many times when the police came in, never a problem, i am amazed how tight it is up here.

That is the difference, if you have a work permit that says you canb do the job, no problem. I f you do not have a work permit, problem.

Getting the work permit in Pattaya, now that is a whole can of worms in its self.

Many years ago, I was in a bar in Pattaya. The "owner" was a Thai lady. Her husband was the defacto owner. It was the middle of the afternoon and the wife and gone in the back with their baby. Someone came in and ordered a drink. The husband stepped behind the bar and got the drink.

Outside, watching and waiting, were the police (immigration maybe), who promptly came in and arrested him. At that time, it was just an on-the-spot fine.

Years ago, I saw a foreign bar owner grab a beer out of the fridge and serve it to a buddy and the cops were just outside waiting for the working girls to walk away from the counter. When they did, he was asked to pay up. A regular shakedown when they need some extra cash.

It is law and widely known for foreigners to stay out from behind the counter without the WP. No excuses

for the Briton.

Sutyot