Possible Assassination Attempt On PM Abhisit?

webfact

Minister Confirms Reports on Plot to Kill PM

BANGKOK: -- The Prime Minister's Office minister admits there have been reports on a plot to assassinate the premier.

Prime Minister Office's Minister Sathit Wong-nongtoey said he has received reports on planned assassination of the prime minister but he is still unsure which party has engineered the plot.

Commenting on the red-shirt group's splattering of blood at the prime minister's residence, Sathit said such a move was not appropriate and he noted the group was running its campaign without a certain direction.

Sathit insisted the prime minister still has no policy to crack down on the demonstration or take legal action against the group's core leaders.

Sathit also revealed the national peacekeeping center was worried about the red-shirt protesters' current directionless moves without good coordination by their leaders.

The minister also said the society will not support the claim by fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra that the red-shirt protest is a class struggle.

He reiterated the the Internal Security Act is still sufficient to contain the rally while the government will exercise restraint

Sathit today accepted an open letter from the Nonviolence Network and media representatives calling for a wide exchange of the viewpoints to seek a solution for political crisis and the way to have a fair election.

He assured them the government will not use force in handling the protesters as they are not its enemies but it will seek viewpoints on the political crisis through parliamentary means.

He pledged to forward their demands and advises to the prime minister.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-03-17

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Original News Flash (MCOT):

18:37 Metropolitan police confirm report of assassination attempt on PM Abhisit

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would they be the same people, who tried to "assassinate" him a year ago, around songkran, in an empty car?

or those who missed sondhi with 180 bullets?

all looks like a cheap set up to make martyrs from themselves and to boost own popularity

"The minister also said the society will not support the claim by fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra that the red-shirt protest is a class struggle."

ups minister, don't mention a class struggle - when it really starts, you won't be able to stop it. A large part military and police will be against you, defending their own class interestes, which contradict yours and the rulling elite

Edited by londonthai

Boring.

Propoganda is unbelievably prevelant in this society (as every society). It is pointless even commenting on this waste of virtual paper.

I personally cannot say what is right and what is wrong as it isn't my country; it has little to do with me. What I can say though is that it seems to me like political evolution somehow doesn't exist here. It's the same crap, with different people involved.

BANGKOK: -- The Prime Minister's Office minister admits there have been reports on a plot to assassinate the premier.

Well, who made the report........ and ask him where he received the information.

This is almost Thaksinesque, just like when the a/c in the airplane blew up, and the government police force said that they were almost ready to make arrests.

Prime Minister Office's Minister Sathit Wong-nongtoey said he has received reports on planned assassination of the prime minister but he is still unsure which party has engineered the plot.

I do not believe one second that there would be an assassination attempt on the PM. Desperate elements within the government are simply looking for sympathy. This is not uncommon in dictatorships. It would not hold any substance as murdering this man would not change a thing. There are others that really hold power and would make more sense to get rid of. The fact that the red shirts have not resorted to destructive action says enough. The yellow shirts had no trouble shooting on people from under a portrait on passerby. They had no trouble to hide hundreds of kilo's of explosives in the government house compound, they were the ones who paralyzed the country by making "fun", according FM Kasit on the airport by screwing hundreds of people out of a job both foreign and local.

If anyone has visited the government house during their occupation they know that their guards were under the influence of drugs and heavily armed. If there is an attempt it will come from his owns ranks not from the reds. The reds are always associated with Thaksin maybe it is time to read the latest article of Giles Ungpakorn, another man screwed out of his job for speaking out.

Fell free to go elsewhere for your news if what we report isn't to your taste :)

/Edit: We dont write the news by the way, we just repost it from other sources - if you have a more reliable source for news - feel free to bring it to our attention :D

this is what my email notification was reading:

Assassination Attempt On PM Abhisit

can't find any of it on this page -- poor move, TV!!

I thought someone had tried to shoot him or blow him up or even worse drown him in a blood bath. The information on the Sm's was pretty scant to say the least.

So it did not happen???

Cheers, Rick

I do not believe one second that there would be an assassination attempt on the PM. Desperate elements within the government are simply looking for sympathy. This is not uncommon in dictatorships. It would not hold any substance as murdering this man would not change a thing. There are others that really hold power and would make more sense to get rid of. The fact that the red shirts have not resorted to destructive action says enough. The yellow shirts had no trouble shooting on people from under a portrait on passerby. They had no trouble to hide hundreds of kilo's of explosives in the government house compound, they were the ones who paralyzed the country by making "fun", according FM Kasit on the airport by screwing hundreds of people out of a job both foreign and local.

If anyone has visited the government house during their occupation they know that their guards were under the influence of drugs and heavily armed. If there is an attempt it will come from his owns ranks not from the reds. The reds are always associated with Thaksin maybe it is time to read the latest article of Giles Ungpakorn, another man screwed out of his job for speaking out.

Hey, the Reds seem to have that intention in mind when they attacked his motorcade during the black Songkran riots! Don't discount things so easily.

Cheers, Rick

this is what my email notification was reading:

Assassination Attempt On PM Abhisit

can't find any of it on this page -- poor move, TV!!

I thought someone had tried to shoot him or blow him up or even worse drown him in a blood bath. The information on the Sm's was pretty scant to say the least.

So it did not happen???

Cheers, Rick

As they say don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Anyways - what leader doesn't get daily threats on his life? Pretty much common stuff.

Hmmm Brit was laughing it off before but now appears to be conceeding that it is real. Credible threats on leaders are actually probably fairly rare.

The question is, is this one credible? If it comes from monitored phone calls that include known violent members of the Reds, then it is credible. We could guess that this isn't the case from some of the wording in the article, but would you announce that you knew where an attack was likely to come from before rounding up the conspirators?

I am hoping this is just Hype ......

Dude, are U for real? Do you LIVE in Thailand or just a has been tourist? It is easy to hire anyone in Thailand to kill off someone... could be your jealous girlfriend hiring a motorbike guy for 5000 baht to knock you off to the mofia taking care of "business". And you think Toxin (sp) was legitimate???? Either you are writing up sarcasm or not very intelligent.

Class struggle?

Have to say that both sides' tactics are showing absolutely no class in this conflict at all.

all very tawdry.

the minister was talking about the Class Strugle, as two different, opposing classess in the society (the rulling class and the working class), do fight each other.

it's not about "class" as a synonym of "quality".

words have many different meanings

Edited by londonthai

I think that the Prime Minister has been more than fair with the Sua Daeng over the past week. Personally I would not have put up with what has been going on. I think that he deserves a lot of credit for allowing the Red Shirts to express their opinions and to bring their protest to Bangkok. He has shown a lot of patience.