Thailand Nuclear Power Sites To Be Named In May

webfact

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but would this decrease the cost of electricity for consumers?

Will electricity be cheaper?

Probably as oil prices rise and oil becomes harder to find.

It is a balancing act...........

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2MGTabPAbg

Officials from NASA and Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) have commissioned a 10-megawatt (MW) solar photovoltaic (PV) facility. "This type of commercial partnership with NASA helps provide Florida residents with new sources of 'green power' that reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and improve the environment," said Robert Cabana, director of the Kennedy Space Center.

I was interested to see farms of solar panels on a trip to Greece last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard a follow-up to this announcement (of the OP)? In other words, has EGAT named any sites, as they claimed they would by May? .....two months ago. Below is a map I drew in April 2009. Can anyone say whether it's accurate or not? Actually no one, except maybe insiders at EGAT, can testify as to whether it's on the mark or brainless speculation.

....And what about the big chunk of money that EGAT paid to a foreign company - to gauge which Thai sites were best suited for a nuclear power plant? Anyone recall how much money was tossed at the company? Was it a billion baht? ...more / less? And what have the Thai people got for that investment by their government-owned company?

Here's what the Thai people got: An announcement that there would be an announcement in May 2010, and the subsequent announcement never came. How can I win a contract for a billion baht to make an announcement about making an announcement with zero substance.

It reminds me of the Thai government contract for tens of millions of baht which was given to a company (connected to a politician, no doubt) to clean out some warehouses of rotted fruit. The Thai people accept all those sorts of excesses, because they're taught to kow-tow to everything their government does. All that has to change. Thai people need real political campaigns (with debates about issues!!!) and need to elect decent representatives.

Until the Thai people wake up and figure out how to do that, they will continue to be saddled with painfully corrupt and inept leaders.

post-10297-002546100 1279151159_thumb.jp