Kawasaki Ninja 250 Insurance Quote

yankee99

When i purchased my 250cc ninja my full coverage insurance was 6500 baht. I am now looking to renew as my policy expired 14-3-10. The quotes are all 10,000baht +... Is this normal? The bike is worth less and the premiums are higher. Any suggestions where i can call for a better rate?

Who was it insured with when you bought it? Surely they will offer to insure and perhaps give NCD (No Claims Discount)?

If you bought it from Kawasaki themselves go and see them.

I get 50% NCD on my Isuzu insurance from Bangkok Insurance.

Who was it insured with when you bought it? Surely they will offer to insure and perhaps give NCD (No Claims Discount)?

If you bought it from Kawasaki themselves go and see them.

I get 50% NCD on my Isuzu insurance from Bangkok Insurance.

yes was purchased from mityons big bikes in pattaya. They all offer first year insurance. Previously insured with KURINA. I called kurina and asked for a quote but they never replied.

I was quoted 13,602 baht 1st Class insurance for a 250cc, Thai built (& therefore cheaper to repair) bike, new. Thats nearly 20% of the price of the bike.

I know it's the vehicle rather than the rider who's insured here, so my nearly 40 years riding experience, advanced riding certificates & 20+ years no claims count for nothing.

Quote was from AA Insurance via ThaiVisa Insurance. From the price given in OP and for a 650 in Post 3, that seems extortionate. Don't do many miles here so I'll probably shop around a bit but, until then, stick with CTPL.