Strong Thai Baht Only For A Short Period

webfact

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing Thailand protesters enter the seat of government. The Government escapes over a back wall with ladders. The baht got Stronger and the Stock market had a great day :D

Army also put out statement to day that they will no harm Thai people. I would say an election will not be far away. Time to stock up yellow shirts for sale.

All this lead one to believe that the world is simply numb to protests in Thailand.

So much for my theory of a drop in the market :)

Well currently it is believed that China actually wants to increase the value, to hedge inflation. How that is going to effect the other local currencies ?

I don't think tooo many people believe that

China may cave to pressure - revalue upwards by 5-10% and the gradually claw much of that back in barely perceptible daily moves - and then again China may just stick up 2 fingers if Congressmen and Senators don't stop yapping

Ya I think that statement was made to let them save face rather then caving into pressure.

seems like the message is getting through and US politicians are now backing off somewhat

What does the lord have to do with this? wanke_r!

and that kind of well-thought intellectual argument is probably the best long-term support that Euro now has

without blowing own trumpets, we've been pretty well spot on with our published Euro forecasts since launch and caught the upsides but now I see the balance tipped well to the downside medium to longer term against Asian currencies

Edited by Gambles

Amazing Thailand protesters enter the seat of government. The Government escapes over a back wall with ladders. The baht got Stronger and the Stock market had a great day :D

Sure, why not? The protests are limited to a small geographic area and aren't disrupting any of the factories in rural area, and if you have PMs climbing fences to escape protesters you know they aren't going to be implementing any new laws that will hurt business or to investigate any businesses who might be violating labor/environmental laws.

Sounds like a perfect storm for business people if you ask me. :)