Two Labrador Puppies Seek New Home.

I am posting this on behalf of a Thai family that wish to re-home the two Labrador Puppies. I am not otherwise involved in reporting details or wish to act as go between, mostly due to the comments that get directed at people here that create such rehousing threads as these.

post-31633-1268985180_thumb.jpg

A relative of mine nearby was contacted by the family that have these puppies knowing that I have dogs and was asking if I would take them. I visited house when I was nearby to say I couldn't take on any more dogs myself but offered to publish pictures and details here to spread the word.

I am told that they are three months old and good quality Labrador Puppies - one boy one girl, I have no details of the breeder. In my opinion they are about 5 months old as the teeth are better developed than younger puppies IME, but the three months may just be the time that they have owned them or a mistranslation.

The reason that they can no longer keep the dogs is that they can not afford the time that they take to care for, and seem unable to train them not to take an interest in chickens - they live in a rural village with chickens roaming the area.

post-31633-1268985434_thumb.jpg

The puppies are very social, they welcomed my first visit and follow up visit to their house. The family have a baby and a roaming toddler that are happy in close proximity to the pups and the pups are playful in response - but need training to control jumping up and mouthing etc. They are clearly loving & loyal dogs that deserve a better family than they currently have - although this sounds like a hard criticism of the Thai family, it is only in that they clearly were not ready for the attention and time that two Labrador puppies need to become two Labrador family dogs.

The dogs appear well cared for, they had been washed in between my first and second visit. I have no idea about any injections etc. that they have received.

post-31633-1268985535_thumb.jpg

I understand that a price is being sought for the puppies, a figure of 5,000 Baht for the pair was mentioned. However, it is likely that this was a 'farang' price for my ears. I understand that these pups might have been bought by a farang that is connected/married into the family, but he lives in another town. I speculate that he bought them for the family that accepted the gift - but were not aware of the requirements when undertaking dog ownership.

PM me for contact telephone numbers and a location map for the owners, she is Thai and speaks some English.

post-31633-1268985653_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cuban

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.

Two very sad looking puppies still seek nice home. They would clearly enjoy the freedom of a scamper across the open fields they can see from the captivity of their cow shed shelter.

• 2 weeks later...
Bump.

Two very sad looking puppies still seek nice home. They would clearly enjoy the freedom of a scamper across the open fields they can see from the captivity of their cow shed shelter.

What a waste of two inteligent working dogs, would like to take them on only problem is that I am surrounded by chickens

Brian