3 Day Bike Hire - Chiang Rai

Richie1971

Hi,

I am arriving at Chiang Rai on the 2nd April AM and would like to rent a bike for 3 days.

Going to Mae Sai, Tha Ton, Chiang Mai and then back to Chiang Rai.

Looking for something 250cc+ Baja etc or alternately a Kwacker 650 - anything suitable 250cc and above considered. (must be suitable for 2 up - v small thai and medium fat farang)

Also need 2 decent helmets - one very small almost child size and one for a block head.

Looking to pay around 1000 baht a day for a newish bike.

Have Thai bike licence

Any companies, tel numbers, e-mail addresses, prices etc much appreciated

Cheers

Richie

Edited by Richie1971

Better to post this in the Chiang Rai forum but I'll try and answer as best I can, I live in CR. I'm presuming you've booked your tickets here already but if not it would be a much better idea to start in CM as much more choice, lots of Kawasaki KLX's, D-Trackers, XR250's and er6n 650cc's.

In CR the only real choice is fairly old Honda XR 250's, Baja or Degrees and pricier too than in CM, no KLX or D-Trackers yet. Hopefully you'll get more info and something sorted but if not PM me nearer the time and I'll pick you up and take you to the 1-2 options we have here. Good Luck.

Edited by skybluestu

Better to post this in the Chiang Rai forum but I'll try and answer as best I can, I live in CR. I'm presuming you've booked your tickets here already but if not it would be a much better idea to start in CM as much more choice, lots of Kawasaki KLX's, D-Trackers, XR250's and er6n 650cc's.

In CR the only real choice is fairly old Honda XR 250's, Baja or Degrees and pricier too than in CM, no KLX or D-Trackers yet. Hopefully you'll get more info and something sorted but if not PM me nearer the time and I'll pick you up and take you to the 1-2 options we have here. Good Luck.

Thanks for that Stu - tickets already booked as its just a visa run really and CR is more convenient for that than CM or so I thought

Thanks again mate

Richie

• 2 weeks later...

Best bikeshop for renting 250´s in Chiang Rai is ST-Motorcycle.

He got good bikes, well serviced.

I always got the Honda Degree serviced there.

They also speak good English.

It is 50 meter from the New Clocktower on Yet Yod Rd.

Email: [email protected]

Shop: 053 713 652

Mobile: 087 926 6100

Have a good ride!

:D:):D