Method For Large Payment/transfer

I need to make a big payment or transfer within LOS at times, like

transfering to another bank or buying a car.

ASAIK the bank will not allow a xfer for more than 30KB.

So how do I do it other than withdrawing cash and carrying it.

Just go to the cashier and get a check ?

Or can she transfer any amount if I have my passport ?

Anyone done this who recommends or has warnings about a method ?

Thanks

Have not used bank transfer but believe they can send any amount. One transfer I have used is that provided by Post Office which is very cheap and cash can be sent anywhere in country within an hour or so. You can also buy check if a major purchase such as car or home.

Getting rid of money has never been a problem for most of us. :o

ASAIK the bank will not allow a xfer for more than 30KB.

Haven't got much experience of transferring cash within LOS but my wife frequently transfers sums from Bkk Bank in HK to Bkk Bank in Sisaket without problems, substantially more Bt30,000. I also suggest you talk to your bank or find another one.

Most banks will do “Bank Cheques” for a small fee

Does your bank have Internet banking facilities?

I used Kasikornbank (TFB) and have been using their eInternet for some 18 months now when the English version was commissioned. I can transfer any amount to most any account at most of the major banks. To set up the transfer you must know the payees account number, bank branch details and their name as it appears on their account records. There is a fee of 0.1% of the transaction sum.

Their Internet service is very good with most of the facilities I get on my service back in Aust.

For Bangkok Bank the rule is 30k per transaction using an atm as the fixed charge is 35 baht. However you can transfer 50k per day with normal atm card and 150k per day with international version or Be1st card.

They also have BahtNet service up to the full amount in your account with a visit to a bank office.

Have seen some smaller branches with signs saying 30k limit, but I have transferred much larger amounts. As in most things in Thailand, you can ask the same person the same thing on 2 separate days and get totally different answers. :o one day OK next day Cannot Do!