What Happen To The Mayor's Nephew After He Got Court Snatching The Handbag Of A Tourist ?

What punishment did the Mayor's Nephew get after he got court Stealing a handbag from a female tourist ? The sotry about him getting court by the police was in the Samui express about 3 months or so ago maybe more. The Mayor said justice would be done. But i have never seen anymore about it or what punishment he got.

Remember this is a serious and dangerous crime. He did it from the back of a motorbike and pulled it from the womans arm. Not so long ago a british woman was killed in Bangkok when the same thing happened to her. That was a very sad story. Thankful here the Tourist lady did have any bad injurys. But it is still a very serious crime.

Does anyone know what punishment he did get ?

It is easy to critisise - But what about all the street crimes in the UK - How many ever get to court and if they do what happens / Samui generally has a very low level of crime compared to many places - but the police in thailand and here are ........./ I think Samui has more positives than negatives and the New Major and Tesse Bahn are doing a good job IMO /

It is easy to critisise - But what about all the street crimes in the UK - How many ever get to court and if they do what happens / Samui generally has a very low level of crime compared to many places - but the police in thailand and here are ........./ I think Samui has more positives than negatives and the New Major and Tesse Bahn are doing a good job IMO /

How are they doing a good job ?? Just becuase they have put new tarmac on the road ? I wouldnt call that doing a good job. Also the new tarmac road has already got problems where the new drain covers are breaking and leaving big holes ( death traps ) on the side of the roads right where motorbikes go. Can you please tell me how that is a good job ? They are just doing what those before them did. They do a few things but spend the smallest amount of money they can and just get a genrally shit job done. :)

If you think Samui has low crime levels then i would suggest leaving your gated compound for a couple of hours. :D

It is easy to critisise - But what about all the street crimes in the UK - How many ever get to court and if they do what happens / - but the police in thailand and here are ........./ I think Samui has more positives than negatives and the New Major and Tesse Bahn are doing a good job IMO /

"Samui generally has a very low level of crime compared to many places" :):D:D For the island the size of the Isle of Whight, this is murder capitol, plus one death a day on the roads. You're having a laugh. You really ought to get out more.... but not too far away from your gated compound. An awful lot of drunken Thai men carry unlicensed guns :D

How are they doing a good job ?? Just becuase they have put new tarmac on the road ? I wouldnt call that doing a good job. Also the new tarmac road has already got problems where the new drain covers are breaking and leaving big holes ( death traps ) on the side of the roads right where motorbikes go. Can you please tell me how that is a good job ? They are just doing what those before them did. They do a few things but spend the smallest amount of money they can and just get a genrally shit job done. :)

If you think Samui has low crime levels then i would suggest leaving your gated compound for a couple of hours. :D

If you feel so strongly , why don't you speak directly to mayor or his assistant , who speaks very good English - You could also contact Noel Kelly - They want the best for Samui and if you can give any positive input I am sure it would be very welcome /

and Gated community ! I wish/

It is easy to critisise - But what about all the street crimes in the UK - How many ever get to court and if they do what happens / - but the police in thailand and here are ........./ I think Samui has more positives than negatives and the New Major and Tesse Bahn are doing a good job IMO /

"Samui generally has a very low level of crime compared to many places" :):D:D For the island the size of the Isle of Whight, this is murder capitol, plus one death a day on the roads. You're having a laugh. You really ought to get out more.... but not too far away from your gated compound. An awful lot of drunken Thai men carry unlicensed guns :D

Please tell us how and where to you find the statistics that Samui is " Murder Capitol "

But in the UK you cannot pay to get out of it. Do the crime do the bird time. No excuses.

Have you ever been stopped by the police ? 20 Baht or 100Baht to escapse a trip to the station ?

But in the UK you cannot pay to get out of it. Do the crime do the bird time. No excuses.

in the uk u can get out. not with money with informations. uk like a grass. i prefer thailand. example if someone shot my brother. they catch the man he gets life. What about my life. i am still going to be skint i still have no brother and the only peace i get is that the man is locked up and will get out 1 day. from a clever point of view i would rarther accept money of a few million baht maybe more because i am forang. forang prices sometimes work for us. the criminal become skint i get money. i still feel bad but i am richer and i feel bad rarther than poor.

just my take. it makes common sense to me. better to take a criminals money than lock them for life. let them have no money and no power nearly the same as being banged up. on the other hand if the person has no money then he should have thought o that before he done the crime. or maybe i have been here too long .)

Edited by BigC

http://hubpages.com/hub/Thailand-Health--Safety-a\

The

Statistics

Thailand ranks low for most reported crimes when compared with Western countries- with one big exception. Thailand is near the top of any list of countries for murder with firearms.Gun crime is most often related to gang wars. There is a serious problem of organised drug crime in the border areas with Burma, Cambodia and Laos. Guns are also often used to settle business disputes and jealous lovers- both men and women- use guns to settle scores depressingly often.A few foreigners each year are caught in the cross fire. An unknown number of foreigners (a few dozen, maybe) are murdered deliberately mainly as a result of business disputes but sometimes by jealous or abandoned lovers. There are occasional reports of foreign men being murdered by their Thai wives for money or property. :)

Have you ever been stopped by the police ? 20 Baht or 100Baht to escapse a trip to the station ?

IMO better to go to the station. Might only be 20 or 100 Baht but it certainly contributes to the the moral degradation of society in a small way.

Obviously many aren't concerned with the effects their money and behavior have on Thai society.

Going to get my flak jacket now.

Edited by oldthaihand

in the uk u can get out. not with money with informations. uk like a grass. i prefer thailand. example if someone shot my brother. they catch the man he gets life. What about my life. i am still going to be skint i still have no brother and the only peace i get is that the man is locked up and will get out 1 day. from a clever point of view i would rarther accept money of a few million baht maybe more because i am forang. forang prices sometimes work for us. the criminal become skint i get money. i still feel bad but i am richer and i feel bad rarther than poor.

just my take. it makes common sense to me. better to take a criminals money than lock them for life. let them have no money and no power nearly the same as being banged up. on the other hand if the person has no money then he should have thought o that before he done the crime. or maybe i have been here too long .)

Better for you personally right? Clearly not better for society when people can do whatever they want if they have enough power.

how much for your brother?

The

Statistics

Thailand ranks low for most reported crimes when compared with Western countries- with one big exception. Thailand is near the top of any list of countries for murder with firearms.Gun crime is most often related to gang wars. There is a serious problem of organised drug crime in the border areas with Burma, Cambodia and Laos. Guns are also often used to settle business disputes and jealous lovers- both men and women- use guns to settle scores depressingly often.A few foreigners each year are caught in the cross fire. An unknown number of foreigners (a few dozen, maybe) are murdered deliberately mainly as a result of business disputes but sometimes by jealous or abandoned lovers. There are occasional reports of foreign men being murdered by their Thai wives for money or property. :)

Probably because a lot of crimes dont even make it into the police reports, or after the money is handed over, the reports end up in file 15 (or file 32 or whatever the term is for the garbage container - you get my drift)

I'd be more worried about being burgled than murdered here but maybe its the company we choose... :)

Smokie , there is a very good chance that if you do get burgled and you are in the house you would be murdered if you stumbled across them. As someone said there are a shocking amount of people who carry guns here, Most people who do carry guns will use them for without even thinking twice about it.

If you feel so strongly , why don't you speak directly to mayor or his assistant , who speaks very good English - You could also contact Noel Kelly - They want the best for Samui and if you can give any positive input I am sure it would be very welcome /

and Gated community ! I wish/

Can you please tell me when a Farang problem was last sorted out from a Farang going to speak to the Mayor ? The Mayor is from one of the big island familys. Most of Samui's problems come from these family becuase of the way they control Samui threw fear. Now i am not saying the Mayor is a bad person all i am saying is that these big familys who control most of samui really have the final say what goes on here and it 99 % of the time makes them a profit. Samui will only get better when people from bBangkok are sent down to run things here. Samui needs 1 Mayor and 1 head of police from Bangkok. Then and only then will Samui be able to start improving. Right now Thai's and Farangs who live here are shit scared of these big ' Local ' familys who control here. If people start a business that is in someway a compation to these family's business. Then the people who started the new business either thai or farang are normally threthened or in most cases shot or shot at. Life here is Cheap nevermind how Farangs feel. Thai's really dont care how Farangs feel about living here. The more scared Farangs are then the better .

Edited by dave30

I'd be more worried about being burgled than murdered here but maybe its the company we choose... :)

Smokie , there is a very good chance that if you do get burgled and you are in the house you would be murdered if you stumbled across them. As someone said there are a shocking amount of people who carry guns here, Most people who do carry guns will use them for without even thinking twice about it.

Dave I have been burgled here and the only thought for me at the time was relief that I wasn't in the bungalow. Still your chances of being murdered here are very low by comparison thankfully. :D

Edited by smokie36

in the 6 weeks before i left i had 4 attemps on having my wallet stolen, 1 failed attempt and one succesful attempt to snatch a gold chain. all around Green Mango. Samui in my opinion is one of the most crime ridden places i have ever visited.drugs are sold openly, music blares out all night upto 7-8 in the morning, despite it being illegal. in the same 6 week period 3 friends had the house's burgled one of them twice, another had his new motor bike stolen. taxi's refused to obey the law and use metres a teacher got raped. its the wild west of Thailand. speaking to a tourist today about Samui he said he normally exstends his stay there. first time ever last year they cut short their stay.

how much for your brother?

think about 20 mill should do it. better have a word with my mum to make some more brothers. big business. ( Joke ). think i would be mor of a targt than my brother. i am the bad 1. as for better for me not beter for sociaty. all i can say to that is BOTHERED !

Dave I have been burgled here and the only thought for me at the time was relief that I wasn't in the bungalow. Still your chances of being murdered here are very low by comparison thankfully. :D

you are about 200 more times to end up in hospital from a motor bike accident than a victim of violent assault. just a guess may not litturally but they used to put accidetn statistics in the newspaper and there was avreage 200 bike crashes per month. about 5 murders and only a small handfull of assault. burglerys seem to be going up but on a island where population is growing i would expect crime to go up. just common sense. more people more business more crime

you are about 200 more times to end up in hospital from a motor bike accident than a victim of violent assault. just a guess may not litturally but they used to put accidetn statistics in the newspaper and there was avreage 200 bike crashes per month. about 5 murders and only a small handfull of assault. burglerys seem to be going up but on a island where population is growing i would expect crime to go up. just common sense. more people more business more crime

I've just spent the last 2 hours on Google, trying to find official crime figures for Thailand and Koh Samui. Without success! :D Now either I'm useless at this compuer lark or they are very well hidden or not published at all. Anyone got any ideas where they can be found?

herd he was sentence to 500 lines " i must not snatch hand bags in public " first affense and all. there again this information is based on absolutly nothing. i might have confussed this case with the simpsons. ill have to confirm this story later

herd he was sentence to 500 lines " i must not snatch hand bags in public " first affense and all. there again this information is based on absolutly nothing. i might have confussed this case with the simpsons. ill have to confirm this story later

:):D:D . What you smoking tonight???

:):D:D . What you smoking tonight???

u have more reason to worry about me. i don't smoke or drink.i am just menthol lol

Dave I have been burgled here and the only thought for me at the time was relief that I wasn't in the bungalow. Still your chances of being murdered here are very low by comparison thankfully. :)

My wife and I moved to Samui and made it almost a month before having our house robbed, lol!

Her and her sister were home at the time and managed to lock

themselves in a room and thankfully there was no violence.

Got me wondering though about laws here and what happens in the

case of home invaision if it is the burgler who gets injuered or worse?

Edited by KTD

The

Statistics

It's interesting that you use the words "reported crimes", the 'bought off' crimes go unreported, therefore do not enter the statistics.

"Samui generally has a very low level of crime compared to many places" :D:D:D For the island the size of the Isle of Whight, this is murder capitol, plus one death a day on the roads. You're having a laugh. You really ought to get out more.... but not too far away from your gated compound. An awful lot of drunken Thai men carry unlicensed guns :D

Please tell us how and where to you find the statistics that Samui is " Murder Capitol "

I've never heard of a burglers ever being caught or of follow up investigations Churchill and i know many people that have had their homes broken into. Where do you get your statistics mate? Having read your posts on this thread i really can't see any improvements forthcoming. Please take your head out of the sand :)