Yes! Kasikorn is usually the easiest one for foreigners to open, even without a visa.
I was there at kaisikornbank in Bkk last year september 2009 together with my thai gf for opening an account for me

but they needed a non-immigrant visa for this they said .

Edited by roadrunner300

Yes! Kasikorn is usually the easiest one for foreigners to open, even without a visa.
I was there at kaisikornbank in Bkk last year september 2009 together with my thai gf for opening an account for me

Try a different branch, they don't al follow the same rules - try a branch in the tourist areas, you can open an account.

Try a different branch, they don't al follow the same rules - try a branch in the tourist areas, you can open an account.

Very true. Very true.

Over the years I've successfully opened 3 different Kasikorn accounts all with different branches.

Latest one gives me eBanking, to bank online.

Although before this, I did visit a BKK Kasikorn branch to enquire they said farang cannot get eBanking - load of crap!

Every branch is different

Bangkok Bank (CM Gate)

Went to open account, they say we don't open accounts for tourists, I say not tourist, they say we don't open account for tourist, I say not tourist, they look at passport, they say oh you not tourist then get forms to fill out marked 'Application for Tourist Bank Account', I say I not tourist and you don't give accounts to tourists so why you have application forms for tourists? Eventually they find the right forms and I open a bank account.

Bangkok Bank (CM Gat Sang Gow)

I go along with a friend who has 'Visa on entry' to open an account, they say go away.

Siam Bank (CM TaiPae Gate)

I go along with my friend who has 'visa on entry' they open an account without any silly questions or problems.

All the branches that opened accounts made photocopies of passports, debit cards and account books issued on the spot.

Edited by sarahsbloke

You can open an account at any Bangkok Bank branch. Please follow this link. I have copied the relevant text from this page.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/...uestions.aspx#3

Good luck

================================================================================

How do I open an account if I'm not a Thai resident?

Foreigners with a long stay visa, work permit or even a tourist visa can open a savings account with Bangkok Bank at any of our branches nationwide.

To open a savings account at any one of our branches, you will need to bring your passport and work permit.

If you're on a long stay visa or tourist visa, then in addition to your passport you will need to bring one of the following documents containing your address either in Thailand or overseas:

• A letter of recommendation from a reputable company, an embassy or an international organization located in Thailand; or
  • A letter of recommendation from your bank abroad. This must be a bank which is acceptable to Bangkok Bank and sent to Bangkok Bank via SWIFT*; or
  • A letter of recommendation from a person acceptable to Bangkok Bank such as an existing customer of Bangkok Bank; or
  • Your driving license containing your photo

With a saving account, you will also be able to use a Be1st debit card.

* SWIFT is a worldwide financial messaging network used by banks and other financial institutions.

forgot to add:

on each occassion only required my passport - no need for visa's - 30 day tourist entry sufficed.

Now i m based in U-thong and going to try again here maybe kaisikorn here have no problem with a farrang who knows.

They have a bank in the meanstreet seen this already. :)

This has been the policy for some time.

If anybody has a problem with a specific branch, please refer them to the website (they have access in the branches).

If that does not work please drop me a PM.

Thank you.

Good luck.