Laptop : Annoying Problem While Typing Text.

miodo2009

There could be 3 things,

1. Your Home Button on the keyboard is pressed or having some dust below it or you are pressing it accidentally.

2. Your keyboard layout is different than your keyboard layout defined in Control Panel (I hope this is a Windows system)

3. There could be virus in your system.

Hope this helps.

Yes, it looks indeed that disabling the touch pad (in my case a button just under a white light has to be pressed, after which the light becomes orange) has solved the problem. Thanks to all !

Edited by miodo2009

I have a Benq laptop and it does it too, the old P3 laptop(which failed 3 years ago so I bought the Benq) was from the US and did the same thing! I was dismayed when I noticed the new one doing it shortly after I bought it, when typing suddenly the cursor jumps to a different line above-just like the OP described, it never happens when I have the external keyboard attached like I do now, I bought a new Acer which is to replace this benq which i gonna give to GFs kid and finally a laptop that doesn't do that. :)

Edited by pkspeaker

Check the settings of your Touchpad for the option 'Tap off when Typing'. This disables the Touchpad temporarily while hitting the keys on the keyboard, lessening the risk for accidentally 'brushing' over the Touchpad and moving your mouse pointer.

The settings dialog can be accessed from the Control Panel (Mouse Settings) or from the icon in the system tray.

If you can't find that option you probably don't have the latest drivers installed. The standard Windows XP drivers don't offer this feature.

Synaptics Drivers: http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

ALPS Drivers: http://download.cnet.com/Alps-Pointing-dev....html?tag=mncol

welo

post-73027-1269272955_thumb.jpg