Watching NCAA and NFL games in Thailand

35 minutes ago, bprhodes said:

NFL League pass is $199 for the season.  You need fast internet, but can stream to any device.  I use apple tv.  They even strip off the ads if you watch a few hours after the game is finished.

NFL Game Pass. League Pass is the NBA equivalent. But, yes, both work perfectly.

1 hour ago, malathione said:

NFL Game Pass. League Pass is the NBA equivalent. But, yes, both work perfectly.

Do you need a dish for this service. I have regular internet service through TOT at present. I also have a VPN provider. I am able to stream movies from Amazon and Netflix. Will NFL Game pass work for me???

With a good VPN you can also sign up to Sling and get their appropriate sports packages for +/-$40 per month. (Sorry I don't know the exact cost).  They have many of the college games as well as the NFL.  College games shown on CBS & Fox are the only ones I've not been able to get.

8 minutes ago, davhend25 said:

Do you need a dish for this service. I have regular internet service through TOT at present. I also have a VPN provider. I am able to stream movies from Amazon and Netflix. Will NFL Game pass work for me???

Nope, no dish needed. Works via internet. I'm on True, out in the boonies so not a great connection but it works just fine.

I use ROKU but you should be able to use anything that lets you download a feed.  ROKU is free unlike Sling or some of the other things. 

Actually I tried Sling several times last year and could never get it to work.......It would start and show the logo but would never actually start downloading anything.  I originally used a Slingbox housed in a friends home in Ca. but quit that because it quit working after a few months.....too much technical garbage for me.  I paid for a VPN after that and  again the technical crap overloaded my human circuits.  It seemed at the time like some companies had caught on to people using VPNs and were knocking me off their feeds even with a VPN.  Then I got wise and started using zip codes for metropolitan areas which worked O.K.  Apparently they can see you but they don't really know where you are.  Finally I lost interest and gave up on all of it once I found out I could do it on my ROKU.

I don't know what will happen this year but the NFL just ran my VISA card for this season.  I'll find out if I have to do anything screwy to get the signal pretty soon.

If you have slingbox, you can get almost any NFL or college football game free, depending on the cable or satellite system it's hooked up to. All you need to get Slingbox is pay $100-230 for the box, which they send to your designated statewide recipient(a friend or relative) who already gets a system like Cox or Direct TV. Go to slingbox.com for details. My friend signed up to Direct TV, so I get all the games he does - on ESPN, NFL Network, ABC,CBS and NBC, Fox, plus the Big Ten and SEC networks a well. Check it out!

16 minutes ago, malathione said:

Nope, no dish needed. Works via internet. I'm on True, out in the boonies so not a great connection but it works just fine.

Do I sign up for NFL game pass using my VPN?  I've had some problems when accessing certain websites using my VPN. Many can apparently detect when someone is using a proxy service. I still can't access or purchase anything from the "iherb" site because they say my access is fraudulent. Netflix also can detect VPN access.

2 minutes ago, davhend25 said:

Do I sign up for NFL game pass using my VPN?  I've had some problems when accessing certain websites using my VPN. Many can apparently detect when someone is using a proxy service. I still can't access or purchase anything from the "iherb" site because they say my access is fraudulent. Netflix also can detect VPN access.

No, no VPN needed. It's available internationally so you don't need to be stateside to sign up or watch. Same for Netflix.

3 hours ago, malathione said:

No, no VPN needed. It's available internationally so you don't need to be stateside to sign up or watch. Same for Netflix.

2 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

I think you maybe wrong concerning the NFL being available internationally, unless you sign up for the paid NFL game pass. Also, while Netflix is available in Thailand, it does not show all the television shows and movies that are available in the US. When wanting to view a Netflix show I must use a vpn to see the US version of Netflix. And while there are a fair mix of NFL games on TrueVisions, I have yet to see any NCAA football available, and rely on my vpn for that.

6 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

I think you maybe wrong concerning the NFL being available internationally, unless you sign up for the paid NFL game pass. Also, while Netflix is available in Thailand, it does not show all the television shows and movies that are available in the US. When wanting to view a Netflix show I must use a vpn to see the US version of Netflix. And while there are a fair mix of NFL games on TrueVisions, I have yet to see any NCAA football available, and rely on my vpn for that.

Al, we are talking about Game Pass so, yes, of course, it is the paid version which is the only version that exists. I guess you didn't bother to read through the thread.

You're right that Netflix content varies according to region.

Al, we are talking about Game Pass so, yes, of course, it is the paid version which is the only version that exists. I guess you didn't bother to read through the thread.
You're right that Netflix content varies according to region.

I did read through, so sorry, just not as quick as I once was.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Interesting thread.  I get MLB TV on regular internet and I can watch any game with home or away announcers.  My only beef with the service is they don't edit out the commercials from games that are finished.  Also, Asian Smart TVs cannot stream the games direct.  I have to use an HDMI cable from my laptop to the tv. 

It looks like the 4 major sports leagues in the US have finally squelched Pirate Bay, as well.  Used to find every NFL, NBA & NHL game a few years ago.  Now, there are none.

I have a roku box I purchased in the U.S. and registered in the U.S. All last year it worked perfectly on NFL game pass. 2 days ago the NFL app disappeared from my roku. I called Roku and they said it had something to do with I am living in Thailand and my box is registered in the U.S. I just paid a 1 year subscription for the NFL game pass for the 2018 season. Must I now buy a roku box in Thailand to make the connection work ???? any suggestions ????

3 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

I have a roku box I purchased in the U.S. and registered in the U.S. All last year it worked perfectly on NFL game pass. 2 days ago the NFL app disappeared from my roku. I called Roku and they said it had something to do with I am living in Thailand and my box is registered in the U.S. I just paid a 1 year subscription for the NFL game pass for the 2018 season. Must I now buy a roku box in Thailand to make the connection work ???? any suggestions ????

Please excuse my ignorance, not sure what a "Roku" box is, but if you paid for the game pass subscription, can't you just stream the games via your internet connection on your computer?

55 minutes ago, davhend25 said:

Please excuse my ignorance, not sure what a "Roku" box is, but if you paid for the game pass subscription, can't you just stream the games via your internet connection on your computer?

I am pretty sure it is two differen t products GAMEPASS for outside us and GAMEPASS for within.  Log in without a VPN and it will know which one.

• 3 weeks later...

Last year select NFL games were televised on Sports Illustrated Channel on True Visions.  Al;though SI is still being broadcast on True, the re is no longer a schedule on the guide.  It just says "no information available;e".  Also I am no longer able to find a link to the Sports Illustrated TV schedule that works.  I sent them an email but they never answer!

I contacted True and asked them if they were going to televise the games and the response that I got was that they are currently under negotiation. which is their standard response every year,  and the schedule would be released 7 days in advance which I get by email.  I imagine that the only way that I will know is if I surf the channels at 0730 on the 7th!

Last year select NFL games were televised on Sports Illustrated Channel on True Visions.  Al;though SI is still being broadcast on True, the re is no longer a schedule on the guide.  It just says "no information available;e".  Also I am no longer able to find a link to the Sports Illustrated TV schedule that works.  I sent them an email but they never answer!

I contacted True and asked them if they were going to televise the games and the response that I got was that they are currently under negotiation. which is their standard response every year,  and the schedule would be released 7 days in advance which I get by email.  I imagine that the only way that I will know is if I surf the channels at 0730 on the 7th!

Good to hear that you are able to get a television schedule from TrueVisions. I have yet to accomplish that. TrueVisions previously had an app but that is dead and no longer updated. Perhaps you could share how you signed up for an email schedule.

I sent them an email to [email protected] and was put on the mailing list.  I get one either Monday or Tuesday for the week that is updated during the week.  This only happened after many complaints bu me and then they told me about the service.  Their online guide and mailings are total garbage. 

I sent them an email to [email protected] and was put on the mailing list.  I get one either Monday or Tuesday for the week that is updated during the week.  This only happened after many complaints bu me and then they told me about the service.  Their online guide and mailings are total garbage. 

Thank you!

Archived