Cm - New Shares/investment Club - Any Interest?

iancnx

Put me down- I been a qualified stock broker in Aussie for a few years. Having semi-retired to CMai in my 30s- although I did get hit hard in the Financial Crisis of 2008... Lost a mil or so.

Say Tomorrow Dinner for those interested- 7pm? Who's in?

Jeremy

A million baht isn't that much.

I'm one of the people who replied positively to this thread, but I can't make it on such short notice.

Unfortunately, what looked promising at the beginning, turned out to be another non-event.

A month has passed and perhaps, "iancnx" the original poster, can let us know what his plans are.

It seems, there are not enough interested investors here in Chiang Mai.

Edited by Orita

After 4 interested parties, 2 cancelled, so I SMSed the one remainder to tell him we will see how we go for next week instead. As not enough interest due to short notice.

As it was short notice- we may have better luck next week.

The poster whom stated losing 1 mil bt not much- I lost over 1 mil aussie bucks in 2008 in the crash (35 mil bt). 70% of my savings at the lowest point yet making a come back since the lows of Jan-March 09. As the stock market worldwide has been doing much better in the last year.

We still must watch out for the EU debt ridden countries, further financial instos issues, etc but anyone who invested in the last year has made good money. Or they are starting to get money back from the 2008 crash, like myself. It will still be a volitile ride IMO.

Anyone still interested in forming this CMai group- how's next Sunday Lunch 1pm at Montri? Gives everyone plenty of notice.

Let us see if we can get 10 odd interested- if more- good. Novice to experienced all welcome. No touting of fee services please.

SMS to confirm for sure- not confirming on the thread. Cheers Jeremy 0817729320

After 4 interested parties, 2 cancelled, so I SMSed the one remainder to tell him we will see how we go for next week instead. As not enough interest due to short notice.

As it was short notice- we may have better luck next week.

The poster whom stated losing 1 mil bt not much- I lost over 1 mil aussie bucks in 2008 in the crash (35 mil bt). 70% of my savings at the lowest point yet making a come back since the lows of Jan-March 09. As the stock market worldwide has been doing much better in the last year.

We still must watch out for the EU debt ridden countries, further financial instos issues, etc but anyone who invested in the last year has made good money. Or they are starting to get money back from the 2008 crash, like myself. It will still be a volitile ride IMO.

Anyone still interested in forming this CMai group- how's next Sunday Lunch 1pm at Montri? Gives everyone plenty of notice.

Let us see if we can get 10 odd interested- if more- good. Novice to experienced all welcome. No touting of fee services please.

SMS to confirm for sure- not confirming on the thread. Cheers Jeremy 0817729320

How many people are attending ??? we are very interested but;

be nice to know before organising a day on a sunday and no one turns up..?

cheers

• 10 years later...

Hello All.

I am very interested in participating in an investment group.  I will be retiring to Chiang Mai in early 2022 and looking for other like mined individuals to discuss investment ideas relating to stocks.  Key companies other group members are following and quarterly review of 10-Ks etc.       Sectors of interest, dividend choices, growth companies, SAAS stocks etc.  

If this is the intent then please include me.  

Puff the Magic dragon

9 hours ago, Honah Lee said:

Hello All.

I am very interested in participating in an investment group.  I will be retiring to Chiang Mai in early 2022 and looking for other like mined individuals to discuss investment ideas relating to stocks.  Key companies other group members are following and quarterly review of 10-Ks etc.       Sectors of interest, dividend choices, growth companies, SAAS stocks etc.  

Puff the Magic dragon

What is with this resurrection of ancient threads?  This one is 10 years without any activity until this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2020 at 2:08 PM, Honah Lee said:

Hello All.

Puff the Magic dragon

Hi all - I'm also retiring to Chiang Mai end of this year / early 2022 latest - all going well with receiving the vaccine! I would be very interested in participating in an investment group if there is enough interest to get this up and running.

Will check back nearer the time and see how things are progressing.

I'm a UK resident - currently use Vanguard UK & Interactive Investor to access All World low cost index funds (Equities / Bonds) & some Active investing funds (Scottish Mortgage / Monks etc). Once I'm no longer resident in the UK, what are the Low Cost Index Fund / ETF / Active Fund brokerage options in Thailand? If this has been covered before, if you can share a link to the thread that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CB 

14 hours ago, Carrbhoy said:

Hi all - I'm also retiring to Chiang Mai end of this year / early 2022 latest - all going well with receiving the vaccine! I would be very interested in participating in an investment group if there is enough interest to get this up and running.

Will check back nearer the time and see how things are progressing.

I'm a UK resident - currently use Vanguard UK & Interactive Investor to access All World low cost index funds (Equities / Bonds) & some Active investing funds (Scottish Mortgage / Monks etc). Once I'm no longer resident in the UK, what are the Low Cost Index Fund / ETF / Active Fund brokerage options in Thailand? If this has been covered before, if you can share a link to the thread that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CB 

I think some people find ways of maintaining their uk residence even when living here, in part to continue using their familiar uk trading platforms/banks, and in part in case they need to access NHS later. If that is not an option for you I suggest opening an account with someone like Schwab/TD while still in uk which you can thern use from Thailand. More difficult to open from here I think.

7 hours ago, beau thai said:

I think some people find ways of maintaining their uk residence even when living here, in part to continue using their familiar uk trading platforms/banks, and in part in case they need to access NHS later. If that is not an option for you I suggest opening an account with someone like Schwab/TD while still in uk which you can thern use from Thailand. More difficult to open from here I think.

Re finance / investing, I will be trying to keep my UK bank account & Vanguard UK / Interactive Investor accounts (similar to Schwab / TD) open for as long as possible. Just assumed not being resident in the UK would catch up at some point and I would need to find alternative solutions which I can use from Thailand. I'll need to see how it goes.

Re NHS, do you have any further information on how these people you refer to 'find ways'. I will own properties in the UK whilst living in Thailand but I'm going down the route of Buy To Let to increase my passive income. I will need to do more reading but if I'm living in Thailand, I think over time this would remove my access to NHS later. Any help / guidance on this would be appreciated.

22 hours ago, mr mr said:

is the op alive still ? 

Very much hope so! Maybe he just isn't as active on here now.

Looks like there is a few people interested to get it started & others will join when they arrive in Chiang Mai later in the year (me included) & through word of mouth over the coming months.

I'd be happy to throw my time and energy into this once I get to Thailand.

10 hours ago, jij said:

when do you see this starting and i assume it will be in or near the old city. i'm very interested, but very un-savy. 

looks like there is enough interest to start

Near the Old City makes sense - leave those currently in CM to decide. Hopefully there is enough interest to get it started even with just a few involved - confident this would easily grow with word of mouth.

I'll monitor progress & hopefully join you later in the year.

15 hours ago, Carrbhoy said:

Re finance / investing, I will be trying to keep my UK bank account & Vanguard UK / Interactive Investor accounts (similar to Schwab / TD) open for as long as possible. Just assumed not being resident in the UK would catch up at some point and I would need to find alternative solutions which I can use from Thailand. I'll need to see how it goes.

Re NHS, do you have any further information on how these people you refer to 'find ways'. I will own properties in the UK whilst living in Thailand but I'm going down the route of Buy To Let to increase my passive income. I will need to do more reading but if I'm living in Thailand, I think over time this would remove my access to NHS later. Any help / guidance on this would be appreciated.

will send pm

15 hours ago, Carrbhoy said:

Very much hope so! Maybe he just isn't as active on here now.

Looks like there is a few people interested to get it started & others will join when they arrive in Chiang Mai later in the year (me included) & through word of mouth over the coming months.

I'd be happy to throw my time and energy into this once I get to Thailand.

Pretty sure Ian went to BKK tio live a few years ago but unsure if he is still there- or readsTVF!