Phuket To Ranong

chinofarang

hey folks,

i am flying into phuket from bkk around 1pm and need to get up to ranong on the way to koh phanyam.

is there a service from the airport that goes directly to ranong and how much etc? or do we tuk tuk to

phuket city and find the bus station for a public one? any ideas on the departure frequency and duration of

the ride to ranong?

thank goodness for this forum and to all out there.

There are Buses, takes about 3/4 Hours, you will have to take a Taxi to Phuket bus station, Here is a Number Give It a Ring They can arrange every thing for you, It may be quicker and not expensive. Tel-089-4742422, 089-4746492. Fax(076) 296411 E mail, [email protected]

I have used this Service for Years i have found them friendly , helpful and reliable. Hope that helps you,

Edited by Thongkorn

In stead of going all the way to the busstation, I would recommend to go to the main road, and catch the bus from there.

The bus Maybe full , I thought of that ,Better to go to the Bus station, 400/500 baht taxi ride at least you know you will get a bus.

"ranong on the way to koh phanyam."

Do you mean Koh Phayam or Koh Phangan? If it is If it is Koh Phayam then Ranong is the right place to head. If you want to go to Koh Phangan, (full moon party island) then you should be heading to either Chumphon (about 100Km from Ranong) or Donsak near Surat Thani, not Ranong. You can fly to Surat Thani instead of Phuket from Bangkok.

Buses leave from bus station in Phuket Town to both Ranong and Surat Thani. Phuket to Ranong is 300km and should take about 4 hrs by bus. Hope that is of some help.

Edited by aussiebrian

In stead of going all the way to the busstation, I would recommend to go to the main road, and catch the bus from there.

The bus Maybe full , I thought of that ,Better to go to the Bus station, 400/500 baht taxi ride at least you know you will get a bus.

yes, 450 baht taxi plus an extra 2 hours on the off chance the bus will be full? That is a chance i'd take all day.

"ranong on the way to koh phanyam."

Do you mean Koh Phayam or Koh Phangan? If it is If it is Koh Phayam then Ranong is the right place to head. If you want to go to Koh Phangan, (full moon party island) then you should be heading to either Chumphon (about 100Km from Ranong) or Donsak near Surat Thani, not Ranong. You can fly to Surat Thani instead of Phuket from Bangkok.

Buses leave from bus station in Phuket Town to both Ranong and Surat Thani. Phuket to Ranong is 300km and should take about 4 hrs by bus. Hope that is of some help.

As he said Phayam and Ranong together hard to see how he could mean Phangan ?!?!

Its lovely up there, mate runs a resort on the pier side of the island..