Motorbike Lost/stolen

direx12

Try the station by the end of the narawat bridge.

Face the bridge with night market behind you... take road on left... its just up there...

Thats where the f****ers impounded mine for a 2,000 baht fine (1,000 for Thai's with a mate, who knows a mate, who has a neighbour, of one of the police there)

police: 2,000 baht fine, no plates. :D

me: oh. :D

police: what team you cheer? :)

me: Arsenal :D

police: ME TOO!!!! :D

me: Lod prab die mai? (can you reduce the fine?) :D

police: no. :D

me. oh. :D

Edited by whiterussian

hi..

re .... Does anyone know where my bike could be impounded

sometimes ( and i dont know why ) they take them to mea ping police station by the river as ive seen them unloading the confiscated / impounded ones there now and again.

try looking there !

if it was rented ? ... go and see the renter with many bahts / ATM card / credit card in your pocket !

i had two rented motorbikes stolen in chiang mai ( and paid for them in 2008 2009 ) in 2 years : (

thats life ! ..... #hit happens .... : )

dave2

hi..

re .... Does anyone know where my bike could be impounded

sometimes ( and i dont know why ) they take them to mea ping police station by the river as ive seen them unloading the confiscated / impounded ones there now and again.

try looking there !

if it was rented ? ... go and see the renter with many bahts / ATM card / credit card in your pocket !

i had two rented motorbikes stolen in chiang mai ( and paid for them in 2008 2009 ) in 2 years : (

thats life ! ..... #hit happens .... : )

dave2

i read once (not sure if it was here) that some unscrupulous motorbike rental businesses used to get staff to look for their rental bikes parked up and steal bikes off the people they rented to as they had a spare set of keys, then fleece the rentee when they reported it stolen for the replacement, and they get their bike as well. Urban legend ? who knows.