Music Enthusiasts..

Dustoff

~

I have been searching around and am getting REALLY tired of buying new stereo headphones when the soft earpads crumble to dust!

Trust me, I have a whole stack of headphones from BiggyTune things to the folding/portable traveling kind and am just NOT the kind of guy to be happy with listening to serious Rock & Roll with little earbuds..

I DO have some killer speakers at home but my Thai wife seems to have gone deaf

(or, as I suspect, just doesn't want to listen to me any more)

(perhaps never did? :))

and our dog has moved down the street and in with some farang who has just taken up Western drumming..

I don't care about cost, just need a variety of stretchy/soft earmuffs for my headphones in various sizes..

Seen any...?

Have you tried the Audio shop top of Central Airport plaza? Next to Se-ed book store adjacent to the California fitness.

Or you could try the Sony shops or Chi Chang shops in the same area.

I believe there's also a Sony shop on the first floor of Pantip. Overpriced, as you'd expect from Sony, but might be hard to find anything better. If you come across any Sennheisers in CM please post the location :)

I have been searching around and am getting REALLY tired of buying new stereo headphones when the soft earpads crumble to dust!

Ha ha lol - ain't that the truth! For weeks people were saying to me. "What's all that black stuff on your ears?" Well the pads were crumbling and leaving specky bits all over the lugs and i didn't always catch them before going out. And to think i bought the most expensive pair i could find in Pantip Plaza (around 400 Baht)

But Buyer Beware! Before that i had a pair of Sony headphones which cost 2,900 Baht. The ear pads were good for 2 years before they too started to crumble. When i went to get some replacement pads i was laughed at and told that these headsets were old style, more than 2 years now, and so there are no replacement pads available. "Better i buy new" the cocky young salesman suggested.

Other than that, Good luck :)

Have you tried the Audio shop top of Central Airport plaza? Next to Se-ed book store adjacent to the California fitness.

If money is not an object then I suggest you could get a wireless headphone.

If money is not an object then I suggest you could get a wireless headphone.

Okay, gonna make nice here.. Just because I like soft cushions on my ears does not mean that I am stupid.

Two of my quality headphones are what my sweet wife calls "Boo Toot" but I fail to see how that relates to ear comfort..

Thanks Drew and I can relate. I have been searching for little rubber water-hose washers to cure the leaks at the outside faucets and found that,

even in sophisticated hardware stores like HomePro they say, "No have. You must buy new hose."

"Say what? In lieu of a 10-baht rubber washer??"

I am noting the recommendations here and will check them out - got more?

I believe there's also a Sony shop on the first floor of Pantip. Overpriced, as you'd expect from Sony, but might be hard to find anything better. If you come across any Sennheisers in CM please post the location :)

Sennheisers are sold in the shop in Airport Plaza. I think the shops name is EON or similar.

Mine are wireless, have volume contol and can transmit 50- 75 metres from the base station.

Sennheisers may not be the best in the world but they are probably the best you can buy in Thailand.

A roundabout tip:

If you fly Singapore airlines they will give you a pair of headphone pads on each leg of the flight. These are disposable ones but they appear to be of the same quality as the original ones on my Logitech headphones... :) I've also found it difficult to find any here in CM.

What I did (when I was back in Finland) was to do search on eBay with the exact model name of the headphones (in this case the lightweight Sennheiser PX100). I think I got them from Hong Kong. Cost was next to nothing including postage, at least compared to new ones or going to a real store in Finland.

Sennheisers are sold in the shop in Airport Plaza. I think the shops name is EON or similar.

Mine are wireless, have volume contol and can transmit 50- 75 metres from the base station.

Sennheisers may not be the best in the world but they are probably the best you can buy in Thailand.

Great, thanks for the tip!

What I did (when I was back in Finland) was to do search on eBay with the exact model name of the headphones (in this case the lightweight Sennheiser PX100). I think I got them from Hong Kong. Cost was next to nothing including postage, at least compared to new ones or going to a real store in Finland.

I had a pair of those same PX100's but stupidly left them in the US. They were the best cheap headphones I've ever used, by far. Seem to remember them costing under $30USD too. Looks like the price may have gone up...

~

I haven't had much luck but do appreciate all the recommendations so far.

We today spent a couple of hours wandering around Airport Plaza to no avail. The one audio shop near CA Wow had no pads but offered to send my headphones back to the manufacturer for pad replacement - not exactly what I am looking for.

I too have been saving my earphone pads from frequent airline flights but they are very thin indeed and not much more comfortable than the plastic speakers.

My last couple of journeys were to the States last year but we were on Maui and finding things there is about as difficult as Thailand. I did purchase an $80 pair of Motorola bluetooth headpbones with built-in mike for use with Skype and music but the sound quality is so poor that Skype is all they are good for.

I may just end up purchasing the recommended Sennheisers and just junking/recycling the old ones I have collected over time. But first, off to Siam TV and Pantip...

Dustoff