Air Asia Australia

OZEMADE

I just received an email from a mate of mine in Brisbane Australia.

Quote, I bought a fare to return to Thailand in October flying with Air Asia for $460 return from the Gold Coast Australia. :D

I thought I was getting cheap flights from Thailand. :) at $900 a pop return with British Airways.

I think your mate is having a bit of a go at you. We've all heard em though.

Airasia flights are advertised at anything from AU$179-$239..

But thats just for the one-way starting price to K.L, WITHOUT taxes and add-ons, and without the extra leg to BK.

It seems to me like the AA system doesnt make it very easy for arranging on-going travel to and from arrival at K.L, the onus is on the passenger to arrange 4 seperate flights for any return trip..

The JS flight i just arranged worked out cheaper than the AA equivalent, even flying from Coolangatta to BKK via Melbourne. You dont have to worry about arranging all the connections yourself, and from what i hear Jetstar planes have more legroom

IMHO, i doubt whether you could of done it much cheaper on another carrier anyway..and after alls said and done you will probably have a bit more piece of mind :)

Bon vayage M8

I think your mate is having a bit of a go at you. We've all heard em though.

Airasia flights are advertised at anything from AU$179-$239..

But thats just for the one-way starting price to K.L, WITHOUT taxes and add-ons, and without the extra leg to BK.

It seems to me like the AA system doesnt make it very easy for arranging on-going travel to and from arrival at K.L, the onus is on the passenger to arrange 4 seperate flights for any return trip..

The JS flight i just arranged worked out cheaper than the AA equivalent, even flying from Coolangatta to BKK via Melbourne. You dont have to worry about arranging all the connections yourself, and from what i hear Jetstar planes have more legroom

IMHO, i doubt whether you could of done it much cheaper on another carrier anyway..and after alls said and done you will probably have a bit more piece of mind :)

Bon vayage M8

HI no travel agents did myself it was special I am on red alert for specials from air asia as I have flown with them a couple of times could have got for $260 return, but site was that busy I was flat out getting on it just got keep an eye out for them they also fly out of melbourne and perth get them to look at site and register on it.(air asia .com)you go through KL but can make coonections allright last time I upgraded my self to business class ex K L to aus for $100 aud but you have buy everthing no big deal though. then i flew from gold coast to townsville as virgin flies daily to and fromsee you

You were right about going through KL but the flights are still cheaper but a lot of mucking around.

The last two years we have flown Australia to Chaing Mai (via Kuala Lumpur). The first time was $630 ea return then this year we got the same flight for $377 return. Not a bad deal if you can book in advance. Cheers.

If you can book well in advance that's ok, however I found recently that Royal Brunei was cheaper than Air Asia. And you get a decent meal, whereas AA meals, even if you pay for one, are terrible. With RB, I have a 3-hour stop in Brunei in their transit lounge, whereas with AA, you have to go through immigration at KL, collect your bags, wait, check in, go through immigration on the way out etc........with 2 unwanted stamps in your passport.