Two More Blasts Hit Thailand Amid Protests

george

I reckon that if I was a Muslim Extremist in southern Thailand and the Malay peninsula and my goal was secession from Thailand and the Islamification if SE Asia I would have been stashing explosives around Bangkok for the last 6 months just waiting for a moment like this. To incite civil war amongst the Buddhist ruling elite and country folk would be an ideal way to push their agenda for separation and to bring the southern population over to their way of thinking. I'm not saying this is the case but it seems that a lot of munitions and arms have gone "missing" from southern barracks over the last few years and not a lot of people are really talking about the possibility of a "third force"....

Wow?? you have a long sight in my personal opinion. Thailand does not have a group of man power to investigate the bombs like America. So, we all can only speculate. I am sure it was the third party who was waiting for his game. The sad part is Thailand will lose her tourists for Summer break and investors will not want anything to do with. The poor will pay the price while the rich is doing well. My heart and soul feel for good Thai citizen who are not involve with the Protesting and bombing. let's educate the Thai about the impact afterward. Extremely crazy and have no love for his or her country, this is my personal opinion and I take a stand.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have a short memory.

It were the yellow terrorists, who blocked the airports for weeks, who made "Thailand look like a Third World country throughout the world".

Quite inappropriate to call the yellow shirt group "terrorists", inaccurate to say "for weeks" and facical to say they made "Thailand look like a third world country throughout the world." The police crackdown on Oct 7th certainly hurt Thailand's public image as did the threats of grenade attacks that then happened (and killed peaceful protesters.)

Then again you are letting your wife go to join the redshirts even with their history of riots and killings ....

My Thai wife is going to rally in Bangkok next weekend.

She is NOT paid for it and she bought her polo-shirt and heart-shaped rattle from her own money.

For those who cannot read: SHE IS NOT PAID FOR IT.

Cool! so now we know that ONE person attending isn't paid directly!

My wife is short (1.44 m), but brave.

She says Mr. A. is a coward who evaded military service and is now hiding behind the military.

I think this also applies to some former American presidents.

Well said. I heard he even broke down in tears today in parliament!

/edit - Sh!t, sorry. Wrong party. Your wife supports these clowns!?

Edited by Insight

i agree with the belief of the red shirts. Thailand needs change in many ways. yes i am a falang, married to a thai for nearly 41 years. in addition, i worked with the thai police in the northeast and throughout thailand in the early 1970's.

i keep up to date as much as i cna and i was really impressed with thaksin when he became prime minister. my thoughts were maybe things will change for the better for the poor.

i was wrong! THAKSIN was and is nothing more than a common thief. he stole billions from the thai people for the short period of time he was prime minister. he gave away billions, making the poor believe it was from him when in reality it was the tax dollars from the thai people he gave away. one million for each village! where did that come from, not him although many believe it did.

if the poor want change, they must believe in someone to do that changing. it cannot be thaksin as he will only reclaim what was never his in the first place and then take more. in addition he may try to kil another 2500 to 5000 young people to try and set an example for how powerful he was. not a good idea. next time it may be your mother, father, borther or sister or friend who is killed on his orders. don't let that happen, please.

let's give the current governmnet a chance to complete their term ( which is legal) and then with new elections, not bought by thaksin see what happens to thailand. it may be much more free and acceptable to all of the thai people.

i am 100% yellow, but i do believe in waht the reds are doing, only if they do it without thaksin. don't let anymore thais die because thaksin wants more money. even his semi leaders want nothing more than his money. they have no idea on the running of a government and never will.

im not even going to try and proof this writing asi just wanted to make a point. i do hope my point gets back to the poor that are fighting for the thief thank you fred

She is NOT paid for it and she bought her polo-shirt and heart-shaped rattle from her own money.

She says Mr. A. is a coward who evaded military service and is now hiding behind the military.

So ... your wife is short, and a apparently gullible and ill-informed? Does she have her "Thaksin, My Hero!" poster ready? Backing a group that is so against democracy is shameful, I am surprised you accept it!

When this becomes Yankvisa.com we can discuss former or current US presidents :)

Seems ironic you mention brains not being in idle at the end of your post. Yours is clearly not even in idle. The red shirts demand democracy. They want free and fair elections with the winner being accepted as the winner. The whole political unrest in Thailand has come about because of the Democrats refusal to accept the mandate of the people.

Do a Wikipedia search of the last 5 generals elections and see who were the winners were - it wasn't the Democrats.

Edited by slim

Clearly these explosions are terrorist acts with the sole purpose to disrupt the current appointed government. Simple terrorist goals are to disrupt the target and shake public confidence by attempting to destablize the faux democratic establishment here in Thailand.

You have a short memory.

It were the yellow terrorists, who blocked the airports for weeks, who made "Thailand look like a Third World country throughout the world".

Quite inappropriate to call the yellow shirt group "terrorists", inaccurate to say "for weeks" and facical to say they made "Thailand look like a third world country throughout the world." The police crackdown on Oct 7th certainly hurt Thailand's public image as did the threats of grenade attacks that then happened (and killed peaceful protesters.)

Then again you are letting your wife go to join the redshirts even with their history of riots and killings ....

1. I guess you never look to the news as it is presented (or ignored) by European media.

2. My Thai wife is a free person, she has lived in Europe and she has a very clear idea of what democracy should be and not be (coups by military, ousting of members of parliament, etc.).

QUOTE (DickFarang @ 2010-03-25 13:28:06)

What does that say? Sorry! Can't read... Mr Dick. How appropriate.

Why is it that the government seems to know all about the intentions of the bombers but can't identify those responsible?

Why is it that security laws are being applied to achieve political objectives? Can we have some transparency here, please?

So are you saying that the Thai Government is bombing government buildings? The government is not trying to overthrow itself. It is Thaksin and his Red Shirts that are trying to overthrow the goverment. Prime Minister Abhisit was very calm, cool and collected against the Reds. No other country in the world would have allowed protestors to throw blood on government property and at the feet of soldiers without reacting violently against an act that was clearly done to provoke violence. There needs to be security measures taken to protect the government's property and the people from Thaksin's Red Shirts that will not give up as long as Thaksin calls for the violent overthrown of the present government. The Reds lost. They made themselves and Thailand look like a Third World country throughout the world. Tourism was further harmed and many poor earn their wages working for hotels - thousands of rooms cancelled just in Bkk. Yeah, the Reds really helped Thailand's economy and standing in the world didn't they?!

The first post made me think of the coincidence of the Govt being on top of bombings and the need to tighten security. More like propaganda? to promote the aims of the Govt.

The second post although strongly opinionated, appears to be siding with the Govt actions as being OK; even though they are not democratically elected representative of the people.

Does the majority want a new election? That's what I thoght this was about; not what I want, JC. :)

Seems ironic you mention brains not being in idle at the end of your post. Yours is clearly not even in idle. The red shirts demand democracy. They want free and fair elections with the winner being accepted as the winner. The whole political unrest in Thailand has come about because of the Democrats refusal to accept the mandate of the people.

Do a Wikipedia search of the last 5 generals elections and see who were the winners were - it wasn't the Democrats.

I don't NEED to consult wikipedia to know what has happened in Thailand. I have lived here through it and followed it closely.

You can't "demand" democracy when your party has been dissolved for electoral fraud and have any shred of credibility.

You can't "demand" democracy when your leader states unequivocally that Democracy is not his goal.

You can't demand democracy when your leader demolishes the checks and balances that hold the executive branch accountable.

You can't "demand" democracy when the current government (contrary to your belief) was elected to office the same way as the previous 2 governments. (By the members of parliament by forming a coalition!)

You can't "demand" democracy when your leadership threatens (and those threats bear fruit) violence.

Please look back at the 2007 elections and see who had the most votes (note --- in parliamentary democracy votes do not count and only seats in Parliament do!), I am guessing that you will be shocked to see that the Dems got the most votes.

Please look back in recent Thai political history and see who the independant power-brokers in Isaan and the North are and look what happened with them. The next step will require a bit of deduction from you. Now tell us why the factions that Thaksin put together deserted PTP. It certainly wasn't for the rumored 40 million baht! They knew that Thaksin had lost and decided to distance themselves.

The poor in Thailand DO deserve a voice (and are getting better and more sustainable benefits under the Democrats than they ever did under TRT/PPP), but until they get rid of the Thaksin baggage they will remain just a discredited rabble.

So ... your wife is short, and a apparently gullible and ill-informed? Does she have her "Thaksin, My Hero!" poster ready? Backing a group that is so against democracy is shameful, I am surprised you accept it!

When this becomes Yankvisa.com we can discuss former or current US presidents :)

It is not enough for a party to call themselves “Democrats”, that they actually ARE democrats.

(I am not going to talk about the US anymore.)

OF COURSE NOT !! YOU PAID FOR IT !! YOUR WIFE IS FROM ISAN...RIGHT? POK POK BEER PLEASE

Why is it that the government seems to know all about the intentions of the bombers but can't identify those responsible?

Why is it that security laws are being applied to achieve political objectives? Can we have some transparency here, please?

John Citizen, aka Wolfie Smith. Power to the people.

Mr Citizen, the headline states, "Government rules out using emergency decree despite bombings

".

As for the government's "knowing", if you read carefully, you will see it is only reasonable speculation.

Very reasonable specualtion.

"ooooooohhhh, sit dan and ave a cap of tea wolfie love"

Mmmm......maybe the square faced one would fancy Tooting as his base of operations?.

So we found one. :)

Soldiers and police "have not come to seize legislative power, they want to ensure that we can exercise our legislative power, in fact they are protecting democracy," the premier said in parliament....hehe

He has to cal first for elections then.

Why should he? He is the legitimate Head of a coalition government which has not violated any democratic law. This coalition has now the majority. Period and they do their job very well. See the economic recovery of Thailand which is better than anticipated and expected! They have the situation sharp under control.

Any hope for a second one?

QUOTE (DickFarang @ 2010-03-25 13:28:06)

What does that say? Sorry! Can't read... Mr Dick. How appropriate.

As a newbie you should know that this forum is famous for its never ending stories about “paid” protesters.

The truth is that the protesters receive thousands of donations from all over the country to cover actual expenses for fuel and so on.

If you want some unbiased information you should not only look to state and army owned channels but also have a look at People’s Television (channel 4 on Sophon; channel 20 on TMN).

She has not been paid for it.... YET! she will be in the daily line up for her 500 baht ( or is it 1000 now.....or is it a promise of a 1000 if Thaksin gets his money back????)with the rest of the imbecile redshirts once she gets to bangkok!

Zealots who support the illegal actions of other zealots don't

really EVER win in the war of spin. The truth will out, no matter

how many lies are told.

I think Martin Mcguiness would disagree with you :)

OF COURSE NOT !! YOU PAID FOR IT !! YOUR WIFE IS FROM ISAN...RIGHT? POK POK BEER PLEASE

Stupid comment.

My wife happens not to be from Isaan, but that is not the point.

All this red panic stuff is currently proving to be pit-pat stuff compared to security issues that occur in many much larger and more stable democracies around the world - UK, Spain, India just to name a few. There seems to be a distinct lack of global perspective on TV.com - maybe it's something to gee up the excitement factor in a boring expat world

If you want some unbiased information you should not only look to state and army owned channels but also have a look at People’s Television (channel 4 on Sophon; channel 20 on TMN).

You've just ruined any credibility you had.

I'm amazed how day after day, red supporters keep on claiming the Square Face was a savior and that all they want is democracy.

T's years were the peak of the 50 baht-for-your-vote practice. Stop misusing the word democracy. You are insulting the people who are truly fighting for it.

You just play in a game of greed and power. Nothing else.

As a newbie you should know that this forum is famous for its never ending stories about "paid" protesters.

The truth is that the protesters receive thousands of donations from all over the country to cover actual expenses for fuel and so on.

If you want some unbiased information you should not only look to state and army owned channels but also have a look at People's Television (channel 4 on Sophon; channel 20 on TMN).

LOL ---

That should just about do it then ... Now you are claiming People TV (the Red shirt channel) is unbiased? Even they don't make that claim! :)

I actually get my information from every source I can that is available to me and that does include ASTV, People's TV, the press from any source I find (yes even including NewMandala). Then I actually spend a moment to THINK about it and not just react because someone says it is so ...

(people TV --- unbiased .... :D:D:D )

Well, she should know better! This government is far more democratic than many that have gone before it. I think these people need to be educated.

Seems pretty close to wankvisa ......................

ph

DickFalang;

Irony is obviously not your forte as you turned it into an incongruity between what might have been expected and what actually occurred. I agree with other posters you have blown any credibility you may have had. Perhaps you should also stop making assumptions with regard to 'Newbies' and what they may or may not be aware of!

I SUPPOSE THAT MEANS YOU ARE PAYING FOR IT.