Tt&t/ttt

Maejo Man

The phone rang at 6.45pm in the middle of dinner! "Speaka Thai?" Yes I replied, who are you, and who do you want to speak to? Off he launches into explaining that he wanted to put a new phone line in...Stop I said, what company are you from and what is your name? Finally he tells me his name, and that he is from TTT Broadband, and that they are replacing all the old TT&T lines to accept the increased speed. At this point I fell about laughing. I explained that my line was fine the way it was, and was a relatively new connection run straight to the local exchange, which is close to my house.

To cut a long story short, he, and his two helpers were there in five minutes. Indeed he was who he said he was, and had the correct paperwork with my personal details. They ran a complete new line from the exchange to my house, some 300 metres, and then installed a new plug right behind the computer, with a single modem connection.

All done in rercord time and no mess. I am told I can connect to it after noon tomorrow :) The cable they installed was twice the thickness of the old one, so that can't be all bad. Tomorrow will be interesting to say the least.

Anybody else had a call out of the blue?

MM, they showed up here in Sansai about 2 weeks ago and ran all new cables everywhere in the moobaan. There must have been a crew of 30 or more guys running cable. No phone call, mind you. They just showed up and like you said, had all our personal info. They also ran the line all the way to the computer. BUT, we got a different story about when we would be able to use the new "3B" service. They said that they had not gotten the final approval from the government - whatever that means and that it would be at least several weeks. They said that they would give us a call when it was time to switch plugs to the new service.

As Bernie used to say "if it looks too good to be true it is likely to be, too good to be true"

'good luck and I hope that they come through'

But you know me MM, and that I could be described as (amongst other things) as a bit of a cynic. :)

as i recall, there was a falling out or something between TT&T and Jasmine over the internet division, that led to the internet side of TT&T being rebranded 3B and offices closed, and new ones opened, and paperwork sent out to resign existing customers. All this happened 12 months ago?

my guess is that TT&T are gearing up to poach customers from 3B, as they already have the customer database

I live in Pee Mook 1 in San Sai Noi and have seen 3B trucks almost everyday running lines but they haven't come to my house yet.

I'm actually pretty satisfied with my speed (premium or platinum, i forget, it's 1,166.30/month), but if they can do something to make it better (and why would they go through all this trouble and expense to run new wires if it didn't help) then I'm all for it, especially if it doesn't cost me anything.

When I first saw the truck from a distance I was hoping it was cable TV lines they were installing. I want to ditch my sat. and go to cable but no cable in San Sai Noi.