Accomodation

Totster

Can anyone recommend a gusethouse/hotel/bunglow near to the Kata Beach Resort.

Maximum bt700 per night, air con not essential, but would like TV (although can do without)

Just doing a bit of forward planning

totster :o

<bump>

Ahem....  :o

Sorry no one is replying totster! I think it might be your desired rate- possibly tough to find in the area.

I've stayed at two different resorts in Kata... Jiva Resort and Sawasdee Kata. Unfortunately they are considerably more than you want to spend.

Jiva is nice- off season price is 1900 THB per night. www.jivaresort.com.

Sawasdee Phuket is probably one of my favorite resorts in all of Thailand. Very Thai style, and a swimming pool that is set under the trees and an incredibly inviting place to spend an afternoon drinking out of a pineapple from the swim-up bar. They offer free internet access from several laptops around the resort (Garden gazebo, pool bar) on a wifi. I like to stay there as often as I can when I visit Phuket. Off season rate is 2200 THB. www.phuketsawasdee.com

If you can see your way to spending the 2200... you would be well pleased.

Edited by bino

Thanks for the reply bino.

Surely there is a small Guest House, bunglows near there in this price range... :o

I can stay anywhere, even in Patong if I have to, but I need to be as close to Kata as possible :D

totster :D

Maximum bt700 per night, air con not essential, but would like TV (although can do without)

Well, "The Lonely Planet" lists 6 places that fit your price range in Kata - none on the beach, of course. And all prices quoted are for the 'low' season. I can't speak to the quality of any of them but, because they're listed as 'budget' places, I shouldn't think you could expext much.

But, FYI, the listed places are: Friendship Bungalow, Kata On The Sea, Cool Breeze, Lucky Guesthouse, The Dome Bungalow and Thai House. I've neevr been in any and, for what it's worth, I really think you ought to step up to a 'mid range' place if it's at all possible.

Good Luck

Well, "The Lonely Planet" lists 6 places that fit your price range in Kata - none on the beach, of course.  And all prices quoted are for the 'low' season.  I can't speak to the quality of any of them but, because they're listed as 'budget' places, I shouldn't think you could expext much.

But, FYI, the listed places are: Friendship Bungalow, Kata On The Sea, Cool Breeze, Lucky Guesthouse, The Dome Bungalow and Thai House.  I've neevr been in any and, for what it's worth, I really think you ought to step up to a 'mid range' place if it's at all possible.

Good Luck

I know I can look in the LP, but I would rather get a recommendation :D

Have a look at the Little Mermaid in Kata Centre (Taina Rd).  They may be closer to your price range.

Try here:  http://www.littlemermaidphuket.net/

Go to Asiahotels.com and search for the Hotels in Kata, then just check the order by customer feedback (at least this is the real fedback from real clients).

I will be in Kata on 25th June and I'm booking the Jiva resort and Spa for me and my wife (about 1500 baht), ..... if you want cheaper Serene Resort should be OK for you but the price is 1100 baht.

Kata is not cheap and negotiable as Patong, with 18 US$ per night is not easy to find something nice in Kata

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on when you are going. In Patong at this moment there are many places for 400 baht a day, but you'll never find those advertised on the Internet. Some of these places are even new. It's low season and post-tsunami so deals are available, but you'll have to go and look around to find these. I went through Kata and Karon and those towns are very slow--much more so than Patong. So, I imagine you can find something in your price range. However, many places in Kata and Karon have closed as things are so slow so the supply of housing units is much lower, although probably not lower than the few tourists.

If you are staying for a month, you can get a killer monthly rate on a luxery apartment at a price below what you are wanting. I almost always try to stay at least a week and usually a month when I travel as I am able to get killer rates than if I just paid for a few days.

Guest MisterFacts

Just as MickeyMouse said, there are hundreds of

places for 500 baht or less. Never pay anything

in the area of 1000 baht a night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For 500 baht a night, you can get aircon, cable-tv

and fridge plus security-man.

Most of these places are definitely not to be found

anywhere on the internet.

Even on the mainroad near soi Bang La, you can

now find good places for less than 500 baht a night.

But all year round low prices: walk up to the edge of

the hillside, up to soi NaNai which runs parallel with

the hill, many places here for 500 baht a night max.!

In Karon and Kata just south of Patong, many cheap

places also and no reservation needed now!

Just walk a little around and please don't pay more

than 500 baht a day and never more than 10.000 baht

a month (included electricity).

Hope this helps.

Michael, Thailand/Phuket for 6 years.

Kata Center Inn offer 440 Bath/day, it's quite basic but has clean sheet, TV with HBO, Room service, Hot cold shower and Bar & Restaurant downstairs.

Cheers.

Depends on when you are going.  In Patong at this moment there are many places for 400 baht a day, but you'll never find those advertised on the Internet.  Some of these places are even new.  It's low season and post-tsunami so deals are available, but you'll have to go and look around to find these.  I went through Kata and Karon and those towns are very slow--much more so than Patong.  So, I imagine you can find something in your price range.  However, many places in Kata and Karon have closed as things are so slow so the supply of housing units is much lower, although probably not lower than the few tourists.

If you are staying for a month, you can get a killer monthly rate on a luxery apartment at a price below what you are wanting.  I almost always try to stay at least a week and usually a month when I travel as I am able to get killer rates than if I just paid for a few days.

But all year round low prices:  walk up to the edge of

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replys guys.... I'm visiting at the end of October for about a week.

.... I need to be as close to Kata as possible  :D ....

Kata, eh? :o:D

There's a place opposite the burger man in Karon that's got a big sign up saying 500 baht (I think). Next time I'm there, I'll make a note and post it. But Karon is a couple of km from Kata, so you're probably not interested. If I see anything in Kata, I'll let you know. :D

.... I need to be as close to Kata as possible  :D ....

Kata, eh? :o:D

There's a place opposite the burger man in Karon that's got a big sign up saying 500 baht (I think). Next time I'm there, I'll make a note and post it. But Karon is a couple of km from Kata, so you're probably not interested. If I see anything in Kata, I'll let you know. :D

Cheers RDN....

OK... reason for wanting to be close to Kata is that Ma and Pa have booked themsleves into the Kata Beach Resort.... I don't want to spend that much, but still want to be close. :D

If it has to be a couple of KM's away then so be it... :D

totster :D

Edited by Totster

Can anyone recommend a gusethouse/hotel/bunglow near to the Kata Beach Resort.

Just doing a bit of forward planning

totster  :o

Friendship Bungalow guesthouse is the place that I always book my budget conscious traveller friends into. It is comfortable, clean and tidy and the ladies that run it are very friendly. It has air con and some TV stations.

It is in Kata while Kata Beach Resort is in Kata Noi.

Edited by Laurie

Have been a while since I was here. If you are going in oktober or november you might want to consider Kata Villa Beach Hotel, small with pool straight on the start of Karon Beach next to the soccerstadium in Kata/Karon.

Before high season I think it is 595 TBH per night, but not sure if prices are raises dec 1st or nov 1st

Same owner as Kata Center Inn but nicer place

www.kata-villa-beach-hotel.com

www.kata-center-inn.com

Look around they have a lot to offer.

Kata Center Inn offer 440 Bath/day, it's quite basic but has clean sheet, TV with HBO, Room service, Hot cold shower and Bar & Restaurant downstairs.

Cheers.

Depends on when you are going.  In Patong at this moment there are many places for 400 baht a day, but you'll never find those advertised on the Internet.  Some of these places are even new.  It's low season and post-tsunami so deals are available, but you'll have to go and look around to find these.  I went through Kata and Karon and those towns are very slow--much more so than Patong.  So, I imagine you can find something in your price range.  However, many places in Kata and Karon have closed as things are so slow so the supply of housing units is much lower, although probably not lower than the few tourists.

If you are staying for a month, you can get a killer monthly rate on a luxery apartment at a price below what you are wanting.  I almost always try to stay at least a week and usually a month when I travel as I am able to get killer rates than if I just paid for a few days.

But all year round low prices:  walk up to the edge of

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replys guys.... I'm visiting at the end of October for about a week.

Do a search for Phuket on www.hostelworld.com

I just did that , the choice looks pretty good.

I've used them before for staying in other places and always worked out.

It's a different choice than on the normal hotel websites, last time I used them in London and found a great place when the hotel websites came up with nothing - 24hrs before arriving.

If you are staying longer just book a night or two and extend when you get there if you like it or look around.