American Assaulted By Muay Thai Boxer On Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

American Assaulted by Muay Thai Boxer on Pattaya Beach

PATTAYA:-- An American national has been bashed with a steel beach umbrella peg whilst walking along Pattaya’s infamous ‘Beach Road’ on Monday morning. The offender, a local Muay Thai boxing performer, was successfully apprehended and has been remanded in police custody pending further investigations.

Full story

HERE

pattayadailynews

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-03-29

Not a day goes by without some tourist getting bashed in Pattaya.

Have no clue what is the attraction to Pattaya?

I have avoided that place for years and years.

Everything Pattaya has to offer, there is another safer location offering the same, if not better things.

Let the mafia, gang bangers, ladyboys and drug dealers have at Pattaya all they want.

For people that put themselves in the middle of all that, it's a clear reminder it can happen to anyone at anytime.

note to self: continue to cross to the other side of the beach rd. sidewalk when in the proximity of a muay thai boxer

But the assailant was a "Muay Thai boxing performer". That could make a difference and save you crossing the road.

note to self: continue to cross to the other side of the beach rd. sidewalk when in the proximity of a muay thai boxer

But the assailant was a "Muay Thai boxing performer". That could make a difference and save you crossing the road.

So why did the farang cross the road...................?

To save a beat down from a Muay Thai Perfomer

Not a day goes by without some tourist getting bashed in Pattaya. not everyday

Have no clue what is the attraction to Pattaya? never mind, must be something your missing

I have avoided that place for years and years. your choice

Everything Pattaya has to offer, there is another safer location offering the same, if not better things. where

Let the mafia, gang bangers, ladyboys and drug dealers have at Pattaya all they want. and that does not happen anywhere else then?

For people that put themselves in the middle of all that, it's a clear reminder it can happen to anyone at anytime. happened to me in Bangkok

What I can not understand is why would somebody who has no interest in Pattaya at all, take the time out to come to the Pattaya forum, read the thread on Pattaya and then post a reply??? I know this is a public forum but whats the attraction? Do you feel compelled to post on a forum that you have no connection with or does it make you feel morally superior to have a dig!

It is sad that this guy has been attacked but this could happen anywhere but it is happening increasingly.

Have no clue what is the attraction to Pattaya? never mind, must be something your missing

Everything Pattaya has to offer, there is another safer location offering the same, if not better things. where

Let the mafia, gang bangers, ladyboys and drug dealers have at Pattaya all they want. and that does not happen anywhere else then?

For people that put themselves in the middle of all that, it's a clear reminder it can happen to anyone at anytime. happened to me in Bangkok

What I can not understand is why would somebody who has no interest in Pattaya at all, take the time out to come to the Pattaya forum, read the thread on Pattaya and then post a reply??? I know this is a public forum but whats the attraction? Do you feel compelled to post on a forum that you have no connection with or does it make you feel morally superior to have a dig!

It is sad that this guy has been attacked but this could happen anywhere but it is happening increasingly.

It's not necessarily true that the person has gone to the Pattaya Forum page to read this. If you are on the main forum page and constantly click on the "View New Posts" button, it shows every new topic posted on TV irregardless of what forum the new post was posted on. Check it out.

Edited by metisdead

It's not necessarily true that the person has gone to the Pattaya Forum page to read this. If you are on the main forum page and constantly click on the "View New Posts" button, it shows every new topic posted on TV irregardless of what forum the new post was posted on. Check it out.

Regardless, he still feels the need to post on a subject that by his own admission he has avoided for years, and therfore knows nothing about! :)

A service girl who had witnessed the assault explained to police that Mr. Arunsawad appeared to try and rob Mr. Fredric at which point he fought back and was hit with the steel peg.

Can someone explain to me what a service girl is :):D

Salvation Army?

Waitress ??

Not a day goes by without some tourist getting bashed in Pattaya.

Have no clue what is the attraction to Pattaya?

I have avoided that place for years and years.

Everything Pattaya has to offer, there is another safer location offering the same, if not better things.

Let the mafia, gang bangers, ladyboys and drug dealers have at Pattaya all they want.

For people that put themselves in the middle of all that, it's a clear reminder it can happen to anyone at anytime.

A bit of a sweeping generalisation doncha think?

Back on topic

police Captain Santiphon Phuwadonkanok (Pattaya Police Investigator) was notified of an assault that had taken place directly in front of the Pattaya Police Station on Soi 9, Pattaya Beach Road.

You would sort of think that if you are going to cause trouble you might want to pick a spot that is not in front of the Police Station :)

These type of posters are guys who have visited here (or badly wish they could but are "working for the man") so in their mind try to convince themselves that it's not really a place they want to be. Posting silly stuff about Pattaya helps them in this process.

Anyone who lives here knows there is nothing to fear walking around anywhere in Pattaya at any time of day. There is always much more to these stories than gets reported and there was obviously something that provoked the attack (or maybe the boxer was the one attacked and was defending himself).

It unfortunate but fights between local men and foreign tourist blokes happen in most beach resorts around the world.

Edited by FarangBuddha

I think also that more events like this get publicized due to Pattaya having several "farang" media outlets. Not sure if there is another city in the kingdom that has 2 english speaking/farang oriented TV stations who report the news and daily events 24x7? Plus, there are way more farang here than in any other city I have visited...other than BKK.

These type of posters are guys who have visited here (or badly wish they could but are "working for the man") so in their mind try to convince themselves that it's not really a place they want to be. Posting silly stuff about Pattaya helps them in this process.

Anyone who lives here knows there is nothing to fear walking around anywhere in Pattaya at any time of day. There is always much more to these stories than gets reported and there was obviously something that provoked the attack (or maybe the boxer was the one attacked and was defending himself).

It unfortunate but fights between local men and foreign tourist blokes happen in most beach resorts around the world.

Not a day goes by without some tourist getting bashed in Pattaya. Bullshit talking, with the amount of tourist here very quiet actually

Have no clue what is the attraction to Pattaya? If you can't see it stay away

I have avoided that place for years and years. Thank you, we don't miss you.

Everything Pattaya has to offer, there is another safer location offering the same, if not better things. Where??

Let the mafia, gang bangers, ladyboys and drug dealers have at Pattaya all they want. Together with New York & London just to name a few.

For people that put themselves in the middle of all that, it's a clear reminder it can happen to anyone at anytime. Yes you better stay in bed (where most people die anyway)

The problem is not Beach rd or the side of Beach rd.,

the problem is a "tourist" has nothing to do on a dark area of Beach rd. at 3am. :)

Avoid this area in late night/early morning and you will avoid 90% of these "attacks" :D

A service girl who had witnessed the assault explained to police that Mr. Arunsawad appeared to try and rob Mr. Fredric at which point he fought back and was hit with the steel peg.

Can someone explain to me what a service girl is :):D

Isn’t a service girl what most of foreigners think to have?

the problem is a "tourist" has nothing to do on a dark area of Beach rd. at 3am. :)

Avoid this area in late night/early morning and you will avoid 90% of these "attacks" :D

A tourist has nothing to do there at 3am? Because most of those people are looking for the cheapest meat there? Between every light is a dark area, who TF knows what the American was really doing there?????

Thanks for your advice, I guess you saved many wallets.......

Yes but people leave the bars at this time and may decide to walk back to their hotel and this route is quickest and easiest, people are on holiday and often have a false sense of security, not everyone who comes here is hardened to the place ... that pole looks lethal it cetainly isnt a flimsy beach umbrella pole.

Rounding up all the drug dealers along there would be a good start and wouldnt be difficult, why dont those muppets playing pretend coppers do something constructive like this.

Rounding up all the drug dealers along there would be a good start and wouldnt be difficult, why dont those muppets playing pretend coppers do something constructive like this.
one can only guess its not in their interests to do so