Thomas Cook Travellers Cheques Warning

Archdeacon

I have some Thomas Cook (MasterCard) UK Sterling denomination Travellers' Cheques and have been to almost every bank here in Pattaya in an attempt to cash them. On each occasion I was greeted with "Very sorry, cannot change. We take AmEx only. Try other bank".

So do I have to go to the Thomas Cook office in Bangkok to cash them? I will certainly NEVER use this company again as I have wasted a whole day on this. Any ideas please?

I always use Amex Sterling t/c never a problem..

normally buy them from marks and spencers exhange...

No good for you now but for next time..

However, they have lost money as i bought some 1 1/2 years ago and now the baht is strong or the pound is weak...or whatever it means that £100 note i paid 6000 for is now only going to give me 5000 baht...

Bummer...there goes one happy ending less ! :)

<br />Give them a call..<br /><br />Thomas Cook 12th Fl, Sathorn City Tower, 175 Sathorn Tai (South) Rd. Tel: 0-2679-5521 -3.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Many thanks for the address - I will call in when I am next in Bangkok and hope they will not start waving their arms about, shouting "Try other bank..."!

TCooke does seem to have issues. I have a nagging suspicion since it is different than AMEX, you will have problems. A mate of mine had same issue using VISA issued travelers cheques. When something different confronts most of these tellers it puts the fear of Buddha in them, mainly because if they accept something and its wrong they get stuck with the mistake.