Missed Call From Embassy, Uk Tourist Visa

ok, a thai lady from the embassy called again today and asked loads of questions, basically tested my gf on what i had written in my sponsor letter, and she said we have to wait 3 days for an answer,

she said we had made a good case and a farang at the embassy would decide

its looking good i think?

is this normal practice?

I think it would happen if they are inclined to grant the application but there are nagging doubts.

If they were at all concerned I suspect the application would have been declined without the phone call.

Edited by theoldgit

ok, a thai lady from the embassy called again today and asked loads of questions, basically tested my gf on what i had written in my sponsor letter, and she said we have to wait 3 days for an answer,

she said we had made a good case and a farang at the embassy would decide

its looking good i think?

is this normal practice?

I can only speak from my own experience on a recent 5 year family visit visa. My gf also received a very polite and almost informal phone call( or shall we say formal relaxed!) from a lady at the embassy who went over a few things on her application. She ended the call by complimenting us on our young daughter and said we would get a reply like yourselves within 3 days. Sure enough the passport was ready for collection in 3 days and the 5 years visa had been granted....so I have to agree that since you were even told you had made a good case things are certainly looking quite positive. Good luck.