Non O Extension

Hi

Anyone know if its possible to get a 1 year extension visa without a non O visa currently being held and without being married. My friend does, however live with his girlfirend here in thailand and he does have a 6 month old daughter that he takes care for.

He currently lives here by doing a 2 month tourist visa and a one month extension.

he wants to get a supporting a child 1 year visa if its possible

he can't open a bank account at the moment as they say its now the law to have a non O visa to do that. he is going to go to the US embassy to see if they can help on that one.

does he need a non O to do this? if so does he need to leave the country to get that?

and if he gets a non O and can open an account and show he has 40,000 each month coming into his account, can he get a 1 year extension not being married but supporting his daughter and girlfriend?

too many questions in one post?

can anyone help?

From the Police Order 2008.

2.18 In the case of a family

member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child

of his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

Providing the Child is registered as legally his he can get 12 monthly extensions if he meets the financial requirements.

He needs 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank. (He can open a bank account without a Non Imm O Visa) OR 40,000 Baht monthly income.

If the income is from abroad he needs a letter from his Embassy as proof.

If from in Thailand he needs Income Tax receipts as proof.

It is possible to do it from a Tourist Visa but would be easier to start with a Non Imm O Visa.

He should be able to get a 60 days extension from Immigration to visit his Child. This would give a bit more time to sort things out.

This may help with legalizing the parent/child. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Farang-Thai-...03#entry3455103

* He should be able to get a bank account. If one branch asks to much paperwork, just go to the next one. Kasikorn apparently is pretty easy on foreigners.

* Yes, he can get the extension when on a tourist visa. It will require one extra step, he will have to convert to non immigrant O status, at a cost of 2000 Baht. To do this he will need at least 21 days of stay remaining in Thailand, and all the paperwork proving that he qualifies for a 1 year extension based being a parent.

* The extension is not really based on the money coming into the bank account, but rather on him proving that he is legally earning it. If earned within Thailand he'll need his tax papers showing the income, if earned abroad, the income will have to be certified by his embassy.

i was just trying to extend my NON - O visa based on marriage and my staff told me that according to the new rules of 2010 i should have 400,000 THB in bank account even though i get the salary of over 40,000 THB per month. is this a correct information?

Can someone please tell me what exactly i need for this extension...

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Don't get caught out with the 2 month syndrome.

It is indeed 400k in Thai bankbook for 2mths. For the first extension application only.

Thereafter, 400k must be deposited 3mths prior to date of application.

Don't get caught out with the 2 month syndrome.

It is indeed 400k in Thai bankbook for 2mths. For the first extension application only.

Thereafter, 400k must be deposited 3mths prior to date of application.

That is not entirely correct. It depends on where you apply.

Some Offices follow the above rule and require 2 months while others require 3 months.

Always ask them first.

* He should be able to get a bank account. If one branch asks to much paperwork, just go to the next one. Kasikorn apparently is pretty easy on foreigners.

* Yes, he can get the extension when on a tourist visa. It will require one extra step, he will have to convert to non immigrant O status, at a cost of 2000 Baht. To do this he will need at least 21 days of stay remaining in Thailand, and all the paperwork proving that he qualifies for a 1 year extension based being a parent.

* The extension is not really based on the money coming into the bank account, but rather on him proving that he is legally earning it. If earned within Thailand he'll need his tax papers showing the income, if earned abroad, the income will have to be certified by his embassy.

*will tell him to try Kasikorn

*you say that he needs to convert to non O before getting the one year extension. where does he do that? at the same place he'll get the one year extension? and can that be done on the same day?

*so, he gets 40,000 each month sent to him from his parents - he doesn't actually work other than take care of his wife and child. do you think that his embassy would certify that?

thanks for your advice!

*you say that he needs to convert to non O before getting the one year extension. where does he do that? at the same place he'll get the one year extension? and can that be done on the same day?

*so, he gets 40,000 each month sent to him from his parents - he doesn't actually work other than take care of his wife and child. do you think that his embassy would certify that?

thanks for your advice!

He cannot convert from a tourist visa to a non-O visa, as currently he is not the legal father of th child, he will need to tak care of that first. Suggest he starts this process first and in the mean tim he can get a non-O visa whih will give him a permission to stay for 90 days or go to Kuala Lumpur and show funds in the bank of 100,000 baht and ask for a muliple non-O there.

Once he is the legal father he can get a 1 year extension of stay. Becoming the legal father will take a few months, provided the mother cooperates.

Required is an income of 40,000 baht a month, that is not the same as depositing 40,000 a month in a bankaccount. It is the embassy who decied what they will accept as proof.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for your advice!

He cannot convert from a tourist visa to a non-O visa, as currently he is not the legal father of th child, he will need to tak care of that first. Suggest he starts this process first and in the mean tim he can get a non-O visa whih will give him a permission to stay for 90 days or go to Kuala Lumpur and show funds in the bank of 100,000 baht and ask for a muliple non-O there.

Once he is the legal father he can get a 1 year extension of stay. Becoming the legal father will take a few months, provided the mother cooperates.

Required is an income of 40,000 baht a month, that is not the same as depositing 40,000 a month in a bankaccount. It is the embassy who decied what they will accept as proof.

thanks

why is he not the legal father of his child? he has his own name on the child's birth certificate

This open a bank account thing is a catch-22 as it gets harder and harder to open accounts at least from my ecperience. I never did try Kasikorn however. I opened my account back in 2004 after being told by SCB that I needed working papers! After I was told to go to Bangkok bank by a fellow farang. So I did and bingo no prob back in 2004. Now I was in same branch at same desk and witnessed a farang being told that opening an account now is a no go. this was in the last 6 months. good luck and please report back about Kasikorn

thanks for your advice!

thanks

why is he not the legal father of his child? he has his own name on the child's birth certificate

Anyone could be named on the birth certificate as the father, it is just a claim. Only when you are married will the law automatically asume the husband is the father. If not, who the father is needs to be confirmed. Just putting the name on the BC is not enough for that. Both parents need to confirm it and under Thai law the child needs to confirm it as well, or you have to go to court and the judge makes a decision on your petition. (or you marry the mother).

Anyone could be named on the birth certificate as the father, it is just a claim. Only when you are married will the law automatically asume the husband is the father. If not, who the father is needs to be confirmed. Just putting the name on the BC is not enough for that. Both parents need to confirm it and under Thai law the child needs to confirm it as well, or you have to go to court and the judge makes a decision on your petition. (or you marry the mother).

thanks