Qatari National Sexually Assaults Innocent Pattaya Masseuse

Rimmer

Qatari National Sexually Assaults Innocent Pattaya Masseuse

PATTAYA:-- Following the sexual assault of a Thai masseuse, a Qatari national has willingly payed the victim an amount in compensation to avoid any litigation as a result of the incident. The assault occurred at a massage parlour in Walking Street, South Pattaya.

HERE

pattayadailynews

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-03-30

The cop was taking the case with all seriousness with that pose.

Touching a breast for 30000?

Stupid man, greedy bitch, complacent cops.

What good is a massage anyways, other than to kill time for bored tourists?

It sounds to me like a case of cultural misunderstanding. It is very easy for tourists to assume that "massage" in a prostitution zone city like Pattaya equals sex. The 30K punishment for this mistake was way over the top. The customer should have simply been banned from the establishment. Take note, this is going to become a new scam. Beware.

I realize feminist types will say this was attempted rape, but it was nothing of the kind. It was a misunderstanding in what to the customer was a sexual situation.

Edited by Jingthing

It sounds to me like a case of cultural misunderstanding. It is very easy for tourists to assume that "massage" in a prostitution zone city like Pattaya equals sex. The 30K punishment for this mistake was way over the top. The customer should have simply been banned from the establishment. Take note, this is going to become a new scam. Beware.

I realize feminist types will say this was attempted rape, but it was nothing of the kind. It was a misunderstanding in what to the customer was a sexual situation.

Really? Were you there? Did you witness what happened?

What a daft (or as Americans say, retarded) question! Of course I was not there. I am expressing my opinion of general impressions tourists get about massage establishments in sex entertainment zones in Thailand. The guy clearly made an understandable mistake given the context. Its not like he attacked a school girl on the street. Maybe this guy is a serial rapist but I seriously doubt it. Also, if the police actually seriously believed a real crime had taken place, why isn't the guy in jail? Another question, what do you reckon was the cop's cut? TIT.

Another aspect. I don't really know about Arab culture and their massage culture. However, consider it from his point of view. This attractive young lady is rubbing him very close to his genitals (that is standard in Thai massage). A sophisticated European may realize this is a clinical situation, but I am sure in many other cultures, that reads SEX. In other words, he may indeed be a CREEP, but based on that incident, he is no sex criminal, and he is the victim here, to the tune of 30K baht.

Edited by Jingthing

Another aspect. I don't really know about Arab culture and their massage culture. However, consider it from his point of view. This attractive young lady is rubbing him very close to his genitals (that is standard in Thai massage). A sophisticated European may realize this is a clinical situation, but I am sure in many other cultures, that reads SEX.

I was not arguing against your theory. I was sarcastically pointing out that you sounded pretty certain of yourself, when in fact, it is just your theory.

What a daft (or as Americans say, retarded) question! Of course I was not there. I am expressing my opinion of general impressions tourists get about massage establishments in sex entertainment zones in Thailand. The guy clearly made an understandable mistake given the context. Its not like he attacked a school girl on the street. Maybe this guy is a serial rapist but I seriously doubt it. Also, if the police actually seriously believed a real crime had taken place, why isn't the guy in jail? Another question, what do you reckon was the cop's cut? TIT.

Another aspect. I don't really know about Arab culture and their massage culture. However, consider it from his point of view. This attractive young lady is rubbing him very close to his genitals (that is standard in Thai massage). A sophisticated European may realize this is a clinical situation, but I am sure in many other cultures, that reads SEX.

I'll give you my take. I spent many years in Saudi Arabia in a teaching environment at a highly regard technical school. I was dealing on a daily basses with a male population of 18 to 45 years of age for training. My cohort's were in age to 60. These are all Muslim males. Females and males are separated at puberty. The way I see the typical arabian male of any Arabian country is very sexily immature. He only respects his mother and sisters. His wife is not a sex symbol and the only function is to have sons. All other females in the world are in their eyes sluts and to be dealt with accordingly. This obsevation may seem harsh but that is my take. Now as I say this the that had to be a record for the masseuse.

You can just imagine the gossip going on today in Pattaya's massage palours about this huge payout.

Pattaya's massage palours will never be the same again.

You can almost hear some girls thinking...wow, I can get 30x my normal pay just by crying rape.

I do find this quite funny seeing as, what tourists get thrown in the 'slammer' for in Qatar/Dubai/Emirates and the like.

Dude, Dubai IS an Emirate.

However, you are quite right in what tourists get thrown in the slammer for over there.

I do find this quite funny seeing as, what tourists get thrown in the 'slammer' for in Qatar/Dubai/Emirates and the like.

Agreed, although Qatar is much better than the United Arab Emirates for their treatment of foriegners, in my opinion.

You need to understand one thing about 'some' people, they often view all women that don't comply with the rules of 'their' culture as prostitute or a women of loose moral value........no doubt Im about to get flamed but BEFORE YOU JUMP ON YOUR HIGH HORSE, once you've lived in a place like Saudi or UAE etc, you'll know exactly what I am talking about, particularly if your either a woman or married to a non local woman.

You can just imagine the gossip going on today in Pattaya's massage palours about this huge payout.

You can almost hear some girls thinking...wow, I can get 30x my normal pay just by crying rape.

I agree. Its a very stiff precedent. You might want to stick with the dudes just to be safe. :)

Edited by Jingthing

I agree. Its a very stiff precedent. You might want to stick with the dudes just to be safe. :)

^That rule sounds like a real pain in the arse, if you ask me :D

So this is what TOT meant when they said that they are going to aim at attracting fewer ‘quality’ tourists?

Once word gets out this will quickly become a new scam, I wonder how many TV members have had their ‘member’ accidently touched whilst receiving a massage? Moreover, what would happen if you were to complain of indecent assault?

Usual Thai BS.

I wonder if somebody stood out front of this parlor and told all potential clients this story if this guy wouldn't get his money back. I didn't go to the link and read the story but I just don't buy this was a legit massage place given its location.

I agree 100% w/the poster who said this is going to be the next new scam.

Well the massage girl will make it obvious if she is that sort of bird who does extra(s). It can be rather annoying when all you want is a massage. Anyways the lad was out of line and prob over paid with the compensation.

I agree the worker customarily makes the first move. Again, possibly a cultural misunderstanding about how things work in such places. Of course a real scam artist can say anything she wants to the police, little risk of not being believed given the potential payoff potential. Another point, legit massage workers who work on men need to learn how to deal with erections without making a federal case out it; men often have no control over this if they are relaxing and enjoying the sensual pleasure of a good massage. For legit massage workers, that is part of the job to deal with such things as natural.

^well erections are quite normal especially if the bird does the inner thigh. Standard practice is they make a joke about it. :)

Anyways I don't think it was a scam per say....the lad obviously wanted more and I don't doubt the lady probably refused his requests. He stepped over the line and well paid the price. Is 30K overboard? I'd say yes, but who knows maybe he threw that # out himself or doesnt realize everyone thing is negotiated in thailand.

Edited by britmaveric

Well the massage girl will make it obvious if she is that sort of bird who does extra(s).

It can be rather annoying when all you want is a massage.

I do not think that any of the massage places **on Walking Street** do "extra"...

All these place are for "real tourists" only and do traditional massages only (thai, oil, foot).

It's an other story on Soi Boakao or Soi Diana... :)

All these place are for "real tourists" only and do traditional massages only (thai, oil, foot).

It's an other story on Soi Boakao or Soi Diana... :)

Never been to one on Walking Street so can't comment. However the ones near by certainly try to have it on. :D

The boys couldn't try this?

Its hard to imagine that they would. The cops would probably laugh at them. BTW, if you are really seeking a non-sexual massage, what difference does it make what sex, or whether they are attractive or not?

Edited by Jingthing