Baht Approaches 22-Month High

Baht approaches 22-month high

BANGKOK: -- The baht was almost at its 22-month high Tuesday on positive Thai economic outlook which attracted overseas demand for local assets.

The government on Monday revised up its GDP 2010 growth estimate from 3.5 to 4.5 percent in view of the improving global economic environment.

The Baht strengthened by 0.1 percent to 32.33 per the U.S. dollar.

The baht has gained 3 percent in the first quarter of this year, should strenghten to Bt31.50 per U.S. dollar by year-end, currency traders said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-03-30

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

looks increasingly likely that the pound and Euro will buy a lot less in los the next few years and as I assume others here will have to adjust there spending accordingly.

to put it all into perspective one might like to ponder over this site :)

here

So, why is the Canadian dollar doing so well?

looks increasingly likely that the pound and Euro will buy a lot less in los the next few years and as I assume others here will have to adjust there spending accordingly.

here

The stocks and shares are doing well and the property market is improving so no problems for me and many others.

Why do people always think that because the thai baht is strong all of us are having a terrible time.I have had 4 .5years on 74.9 and 70 so why should this bleep send me in hysterics.Any one that has bought property here when the baht was weak have done well also.

here

The stocks and shares are doing well and the property market is improving so no problems for me and many others.

Why do people always think that because the thai baht is strong all of us are having a terrible time.I have had 4 .5years on 74.9 and 70 so why should this bleep send me in hysterics.Any one that has bought property here when the baht was weak have done well also.

Yeah, it's actually great news for me and for many other people who work in Thailand and get paid in baht, but still have expenses in our home countries. If we transfer our money back home, we get a lot more dollars/pounds/etc. out of it!

If i sold my house in Pattaya i would make over 25,000 gbp profit due to the strong baht

Thats not exactly liquid capitol that can used as daily expenses.

I know... it was a general comment - things are cyclic - very few of us will be able to convert back into GBP - thats why I own some condos and have my daily expenmses in THB - I rarely use the ATM

here

So, why is the Canadian dollar doing so well?

i dont know but im lovin it lol