Advise For My Friend

unclejunta

My friend C is a 40ish with French citizenship. Recently while on holiday in Singapore he met a Thai lady named Aof who was working as a 'waitress' in Singapore. 'Waitress' because the place is sleazy and customers can pick up the ladies there...okay 50% of the waitresses works 'part-time'.

My friend after a week of meeting this lady has been smitten and wants to marry the lady, he has met the family sister and 'brother in law' (Aof has a older sister who is a mia noi of a rich thai businessman in Singapore). Also her aunt (another mia noi of somebody). He has spent alot of money on gifts for all of them, branded goods, clothes, engagement diamond ring etc. He has already propsoed marriage (with an unknown but sizable sin sot agreed). In the meantime, he plans to do the paperwork and fly her to france in a few months time.

Now some background, Aof (age 33) is a single mum with a kid few months old. She was in a relationship with a rich guy for a few year. The guy family rejected her due to poor background and lack of education. She was a salesgirl in bangkok. From what i gather, the guy was going to break off with her to get married but she got pregnant hoping to make the guy change his mind but he left anyway, she tried to commit suicide unsuccessfully and heart broken after that she went to singapore to work as 'waitress/hostess'. Currently, she has 2 old sugar daddies sponsoring her (she claims no sex). My friend C is aware of them, he offers to make her quit by giving her $3k (singapore dollars) per month to go back to thailand while she waits for the immigration papers to go to france. Her firends have told me she is still in contact and in love with her ex boyfriend but she say is only because of the child.

My friend is not super rich but well off (aircraft engineer with air france). He is not naive (previously married to brazilian model with kids in paris). How can i help him as he is obviously been con or is this girl really forsake all the money she can make to be with him? will she remain faithful to him?

1) They always say 'no sex', telling what you want to hear is the Thai way.

2) As he is in France not much problem with marriage and taking her there, on divorce she only gets what she brought to the marriage.

3) She will keep working until the move to France, always do, not a problem if you can live with it.

4) Always insist on value for money in any commercial relationship, these relationships can work if you keep your eyes open.

Not sure why anyone would give uncles and aunts gifts though, most Thais refer to all people from the previous generation as uncle/aunt whether related or not. Sounds like this chap can't control himself so things look bad. Another common story about rejection by rich man previously, usually means they were mia noi or mia chow, not good enough to marry.

Edited by sarahsbloke

Quote: "He is not naive (previously married to brazilian model with kids in paris)."

:)

And by the way, any chance that "your friend" met Waouf... sorry Aof in Orchad Towers?

Nice place actually... 3rd floor being full of Thai "executives" :D

By the sounds of things....You friend will not accept your advice anyway, looks like his mind is made up,

but personally think he is out of his f*kcing head....Viva la France.....hope she likes garlic

Whats old saying ...... a fool and his money ??

Question for the OP, are you french?

Second, what you think yourself would be a good advice give you 2 options to make it more easy for you as it seems very difficult for you how to help your friend.

A: Well done my friend, best choise ever "High five"

B: slap on his head and tell him to wake-up.

“I don’t believe it”

How can the OP, sorry, op’s friend be so dumb with one head? Why is it, same story, different guy, every time. How is it that any self respecting man, (even French) will offer some bit of fluff they just meet a monthly wage too, well basically carry on getting topped up each night like a chicken Kiev. Some people say Thai bar girls are thick………. Go girl!

Arturo Gatti the boxer married a Brazilian model too, except he ended up dead under mysterious circumstances this past summer in Brazil. Your engineer friend sounds like he is need of solace for the heart. Perhaps a rescue cat or dog may prove more reliable in the long run. My point being is that there is nothing you can do except tell him he's your friend and you support him, but don't agree with what he's doing and will speak no more on the subject.

Maybe he thinks its normal to pay for a relationship. Maybe he is fat and bold and never been popular with girls in his home country.

Good Luck with the marriage. Im sure you will have an interesting life . :)

Edited by balo

Mental note to self, don't fly air france if it allows morons to work as engineers on their aircraft. :)

:D

Off topic but the biggest pisshead I ever knew was a safety inspector for KLM. Made a rugby team ganging up with a bunch of squaddies at the Munich Beer Festival look like the Temperance Society.

Why do you name the Thai woman but not the french man?

lots of thai girls named aof :):D:D:D

would the story be any diff. if french guy name is jacque....................lol!

Yes Aof is very common name....btw my friend is an ethnic chinese born in Singapore but migrated to France and is now a French citizen

btw now the issue they are quarrelling over is the girl is oging off to Chiang Mai to meet her sugar daddy during SongKran. She says no sex as the guy is old fuddy around 60. the sugar dadddy have paid her Singapore dollars 16K for a one week companion on this trip....i cant believe the money these guys are throwing around....and she has a few guys of the same age on the side that gives her 'small' sums like $500-$1000 per month (not regularly though)