90 Day Report Without Passport

I am waiting for my new passport, and it is possible it will not arrive before my 90 report is due. My old passport had to be turned in, but I kept the TM card and last 90 report stub.

If the new passport does not arrive in time, what are my options?

Thanks.

You can report by post with photocopies of all the relevent pages. You don't need to send your passport with your report. I assume you took photocopies of all relevent pages......

Do embassies actually keep the PP while processing a new one? The Germans certainly don't do it.

In any case you should have got a receipt from your emabassy.

If you have a copy of your PP (photo page, page showing last entry into Thailand and current extension) you should be OK together with receipt from embassy, TM card and last reporting slip.

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

You don't say if you are waiting for your passsport to come from your embassy or not. If you are British then it should have gone to Hong Kong to be processed, not the Embassy.

So, when did you post it? When is your 90 day report due? Remember that you have a leeway of 7 days before and 7 days after the due date to do the reporting. I would guess that as you are writing this in advance of your 90 day report you have plenty of time for the passport to arrive then go to immigration.

As an aside, it is always a good idea to keep copies of every page of your passport before you send it off for renewal. Personally I am waiting to see how the new arrangements for using Hong Kopng work out before I will risk sending my passport.

You don't say if you are waiting for your passsport to come from your embassy or not. If you are British then it should have gone to Hong Kong to be processed, not the Embassy.

As an aside, it is always a good idea to keep copies of every page of your passport before you send it off for renewal. Personally I am waiting to see how the new arrangements for using Hong Kopng work out before I will risk sending my passport.

For the avoidance of doubt, and off topic, when renewing a British Passport in Hong Kong you only need to send them a photocopy, not your actual passport.

So, when did you post it? When is your 90 day report due? Remember that you have a leeway of 7 days before and 7 days after the due date to do the reporting. I would guess that as you are writing this in advance of your 90 day report you have plenty of time for the passport to arrive then go to immigration.

Actually I had no idea there was a 7 day grace period. Great news as I should make that okay as the passport is due at the Canadian Embassy just about the time I should be making the 90 report - Apl 17th.

Thanks, all.

For the avoidance of doubt, and off topic, when renewing a British Passport in Hong Kong you only need to send them a photocopy, not your actual passport.

Do you send directly to HK, or take to British Embassy in Bangkok? Is there a link with information about getting a new passport, (renewal)? Thanks.