What Ninja 650r Afermarket Pipe Is Your Favorite? And Where Can I Get It In Bangkok?

bombis

Im looking for an aftermarket muffler (slip on) and I am still undecided what to get. There are aftermarket pipes from Yoshimura, Arrow, 2Bros, Scorpion, Muzzy, anything else?

I am not sure which ones of those are available here in Thailand. Yoshimura of course but I dont know abou the other ones.

Now here is teh thing I am looknig for: a nice deep sound. Not too much....and the is the reason why the 2Bros pipe is already disqualified. I have read on a coulpe forums that all seem to say the 2Bros is too dam_n loud.

A the moment I am leaning towards the Yoshimur...seems one cant make anyting wrong with a Yoshi pipe (it would be the Yoshi TRC for the Ninja 650r). I also like the Yoshi sound kind of.

I have not heard much about the Scorpion pipe (but I like the look of it).

I have also not heard anything about the Arrow pipe.

Do any of you own one of these and can share their experience? How is the sound? Any noticeable performance increase (not really the main issue here but still interesting to know).

Are there any other pipes available that I didnt list above?

And most importantly. Any tips of shops that sell those pipes and also what is actually the cost here in Thailand. In the US prices seem to go from 350-450 USD for a slip on but I guess they are more expensive in Thailand?

Thanks for any info shared!

I have been asking myself the exact same thing. I agree the 2bros, while looking the best IMO, is a bit much. The consensus seems to be the Arrow, as it is also a bit cheaper. It's now available in black anodized aluminum for the same price as the standard. Scorpion is nice too though.

If you haven't yet, you should go do searches in youtube and compare the sounds. They are all there. I don't like the look of the muzzy or Yoshi. It will be black anodized Arrow for me.

Talk to Tony (Bigbikebkk). He is going to be in the states soon and he can pick you up one for cheaper than you can get in the LOS.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Why do you want to change? You won't get more power without doing something to the engine. So is it that you want your bike to be louder? Or do you have another reason? Looks? Are you forking out money to sit and look at your exhaust? You are not going to see it when riding.

Why do you want to change? You won't get more power without doing something to the engine. So is it that you want your bike to be louder? Or do you have another reason? Looks? Are you forking out money to sit and look at your exhaust? You are not going to see it when riding.

Actually getting rid of the 20 pound stock can on the Ninja 650R / ER6n makes a BIG difference in performance.

The stock exhaust contains THREE catalytic converters and is very heavy and restricted. Most slip on exhausts such as Two Bros, Arrow, Leo Vince etc will cut a lot of weight and give you 2-3 more horsepower and much quicker throttle response. Pull the air box baffles and add a fuel injection module and you'll get another 2-3Hp gain. The Arrow slip on with the baffle in is only a few decibels louder than the very quiet stock exhaust. TWO BROS is hooligan loud- I enjoyed it on my ER6n as it rather fit the character of the bike, but prefer the Arrow on my Ninja 650R. I've yet to hear a Scorpion except on Youtube but it's received good reviews.

There are some shops in Bangkok that stock aftermarket exhausts for the ER6n/Ninja650R (Red Baron, K-Speed, Ueno, PK Performance, etc.) but they're massively overpriced- usually starting at about 20,000 Baht. You'd probably be better off carrying one from abroad or asking a friend to carry one for you. Even if you had an exhaust shipped to Thailand and had to pay duty I think you'd still do better than paying Thai retail.

Ride On!

Tony

650fanclubgif3.gif

Edited by BigBikeBKK

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone with an opinion on the Yoshi pipe for an ER6N? I like the look of it but is it really loud? On youtube it sounded quite bassey which I liked. Any ideas on prices in Thailand?

I also saw a picture of an FMF can which looked neat, anyone seen them around?

Cheers.

Edited by Bung