Extending A 30day Entry Stamp To A 1 Year O Visa (marriage)

My friend (USA) arrived in B, and what Thai consul does he have to go to , to did this and what documents does he need to take angkok and was issued with a 30 day entry stamp, he has just got married( thai culture non registered type) and is going to get married (registered at Amphur) before his 30 days is up , how can he get a 1 year multiple entry O visa and what Thai consul does he have to go to do this also what documents does he need to take with him

Thanks

After your friend has registered his marriage at an Amphur and has his marriage certificate he should go to a Thai embassy or consulate outside Thailand, with his marriage documents and copy of wife's ID/housebook, and get a non-immigrant "O" visa. He can then return to Thailand and get a 1 year extension of stay based on marriage if he can meet financial the requirements.

Edited by InterestedObserver

The only Consulate that normally provides a multi entry visa is KL and it will require the marriage certificate, copy of wife ID card and home register and he should have a letter asking for the visa to be issued signed by wife. Proof of 100k or more in a Thai bank account is also likely to be required.

I have just been told that the thai lady was only divorced a week ago , i think Thai law says she has to wait 310days before remarrying, if this is the case what visa can he apply for to stay here one year, he does not have the reqired amount in his bank for the retirement visa

I believe that is a pregnancy wait that can be removed with doctors certificate.

He does not qualify for anything but a tourist or visa exempt entry. But if he would like to study Thai he could obtain an ED visa and extend every 90 days.