The Guilty Visa Runners

a couple of months ago there were stories of mass arrests at borders and airports of foriegners with fake visas and fake immigration stamps in their passports,since then little has been heard in the way of follow up stories as to what happened to those people.

are they still locked up? are they on bail? have they been deported or blacklisted?

does anyone have first hand or second hand knowledge of how those stories developed?

A senior immigration NCO friend of mine told me a couple weeks ago that some had been deported, some of those blacklisted, who were apprehended on the Laotian, Cambodian, and Malaysian borders in the crackdown. He added he'd heard that others had been allowed to leave, get a proper visa, and return. Guess the officers on the spot made decisions case by case.

a couple of months ago there were stories of mass arrests at borders and airports of foriegners with fake visas and fake immigration stamps in their passports,since then little has been heard in the way of follow up stories as to what happened to those people.

are they still locked up? are they on bail? have they been deported or blacklisted?

does anyone have first hand or second hand knowledge of how those stories developed?

The guy at my apartment buiding is still out on bail waiting for his trial to go ahead.

If they were Burmese, they would be shot in the head, have old tires put around their bodies and then be burnt (to make the corpse more difficult to identify). You can see photos of Burmese workers on the front page of Thai Rath every now and then. Sometimes rumours claim that a local police officer may have been involved... Criminal farangs are treated with silk gloves...