Where To Find A Complete Name List Of Villages (moo Baan) Of Chiang Mai Province?

^_^

Hi,

I have no problem finding a complete list of Provinces (Changwat), District (Amphur), and Sub-District (Tambon) in Wiki.; but I couldn't find a complete name list of Villages (Moo Baan) of Chiang Mai province anywhere.

Does anyone has any information on where may I find it on the internet? Thai or Eng is fine.

Thanks.

have not seen it on the internet, dont think anyone comiles such info here..

however there is a monthly local magazine called Homebuyers Guide; it is predominantly in Thai language but some english; a fairly comprehensive list of Moo baans is contained therein..

Planning on sending junk mail?

Building a Real Estate Portal.

Required the list as a predefined value when a customer submit a property listing, as filling in the form manually usually ends up with many different phonetic names for a single Moo Baan.

You may have actual villages confused with commercial developments. Commercial developments aren't really village names, they're more akin to the name of a company office or factory.

Keep in mind that in the Thai government or postal system, the moo ban doesn't typically feature. It's a lot number, Tambon Name, Amphur Name, Province name.

So I'd either stop worrying about it, or if you are looking for commercial development names then steal it from jasminehomes.co.th. :)

You may have actual villages confused with commercial developments. Commercial developments aren't really village names, they're more akin to the name of a company office or factory.

Keep in mind that in the Thai government or postal system, the moo ban doesn't typically feature. It's a lot number, Tambon Name, Amphur Name, Province name.

So I'd either stop worrying about it, or if you are looking for commercial development names then steal it from jasminehomes.co.th. :)

Nope...no confusion there :D

I already have a very good list of Commercial Development housing estates 'taking cue' from many other real estate websites; Jasmine being one of them :D

My client has quite many houses which is located in the Common Thai Villages, therefore, I still need the list if it's available.

I was thinking maybe the Chiang Mai City Hall could provide the information?

Wiki: Chiang Mai is subdivided into 25 districts (Amphoe). The districts are further subdivided into 204 subdistricts (Tambon) and 1915 villages (Muban).

Not like as if it's an impossible task(?).

Funny, our house has both a lot number and a village number, the villages within a tambon often having a postal number, usually sequential following the main road within the tambon. But just as often mail arrives with the village name written on the address as well. A typical postal number might be 12/3 which designates the 12th lot in 3rd village of the sub-district.

A list of all villages within an amphoe can often be found at the amphoe office or at the local sub-district offices (O.P.T.). Each of these offices often have a large map inside the entry.

But as others have noted, many of the housing estates call themselves moobaans or villages, but they have nothing to do with the technical meaning of a Thai village, it is just an advertising word for the real estate developers.

Funny, our house has both a lot number and a village number, the villages within a tambon often having a postal number, usually sequential following the main road within the tambon. But just as often mail arrives with the village name written on the address as well. A typical postal number might be 12/3 which designates the 12th lot in 3rd village of the sub-district.

A list of all villages within an amphoe can often be found at the amphoe office or at the local sub-district offices (O.P.T.). Each of these offices often have a large map inside the entry.

But as others have noted, many of the housing estates call themselves moobaans or villages, but they have nothing to do with the technical meaning of a Thai village, it is just an advertising word for the real estate developers.

Thank you Johpa. The word Moobaan has been hijacked by developers and estate developers to sell their gated communities to the hi-so farang who normally will not except the fact that they do no live in a technical Moobaan.

Right.. wait. I missed this myself earlier, but there's of course also the Moo number. So you might also get "12/3 Moo 4", followed by the Tambon. That in itself should uniquely identify the address, though of course people may include the village name and perhaps soi name or number.

Thank you Johpa. The word Moobaan has been hijacked by developers and estate developers to sell their gated communities to the hi-so farang who normally will not except the fact that they do no live in a technical Moobaan.

Well, not sure I completely agree. Moo Ban essentially just means 'group of houses' / 'village'. It's not strange to shorten any type of community to that. Real Estate developers tend to use "Moo Ban Jad San" in full, if they use it at all. This then gets abbrevaited to just Moo Ban, with many people not really minding about any distinction between a commercial development and a regular village.

look at www.jasminehomes.co.th and you will see their drop down menu of moobaans. do a search by moobaan, and you will get a list of 50 or so.

Yes Jasmine Homes has approximately 50 listings. If you notice they say Development (moo baan). They know the word moo baan is to a farang a sale tool.