Help Please.!..cha Am Fishing Park,is It Still There?..

gdog205

Come in all Thai anglers....its been 4 years since i discovered the fantastic Cha Am fishing park...i loved it ,an swore to go back!....ive now got some time of work,so would like to drive from Koh Samui and head on up there for a fews days.The most important thing is"is it stil there.and up and running"?..as i would hate a wasted journey.Surely someone on thaivisa lives nearby and can enlighten me?...if so could you also please give me the daily rates for fishing,bungalow food etc,as im sure prices have changed in 4 years..a bungalow used to be 4oo bht per night!......does anyone know of any other fishing parks with huge mekong and gahore in around thailand to....id love to catch some snakeheads!....thanks in advance for any help!!!!!!

From HH, pass Cha-am main intersection and keep on driving in the direction of Bangkok. Just when you reach the bypass (after the infamous never ending curve on the left), keep left and turn left in the direction of Hup Kapong (before the police station). Drive 500m and turn right just before the canal. The entrance is another 200m on your right (Google Earth: latitude 12°48'43.71"N, longitude 99°56'17.19"E).

Additional information: charge is 70 baht per day, 80 baht to rent a fishing-rod. If you want to take away your catch, they charge 40 baht per kg for pla-chon, 100 baht for pla-kapong and 25 baht for other species.

Still not sure about bungalows, there don't seem to be any. OP please check location and tell me if it's the same park we're talking about. I know of another park, smaller but with bungalows, farther away in Hup Kapong.

From HH, pass Cha-am main intersection and keep on driving in the direction of Bangkok. Just when you reach the bypass (after the infamous never ending curve on the left), keep left and turn left in the direction of Hup Kapong (before the police station). Drive 500m and turn right just before the canal. The entrance is another 200m on your right (Google Earth: latitude 12°48'43.71"N, longitude 99°56'17.19"E).

Additional information: charge is 70 baht per day, 80 baht to rent a fishing-rod. If you want to take away your catch, they charge 40 baht per kg for pla-chon, 100 baht for pla-kapong and 25 baht for other species.

Still not sure about bungalows, there don't seem to be any. OP please check location and tell me if it's the same park we're talking about. I know of another park, smaller but with bungalows, farther away in Hup Kapong.

Thanks for the help all......the fishing park i stayed defos had bungalows,because we rented one...the lake has a line of very tall slim trees on the far end,,,and you can only fish one side of the lake!....has restaurant etc...same lake??????

Thanks for the help all......the fishing park i stayed defos had bungalows,because we rented one...the lake has a line of very tall slim trees on the far end,,,and you can only fish one side of the lake!....has restaurant etc...same lake??????

Was the place run by a Farang (American?)-Thai couple?

Was the place run by a Farang (American?)-Thai couple?

im sure it was a thai couple that run it!,,,had a little pug dog...

The only trouble is that is not Cha Am Fishing Park....that is Khao Yoi Fishing Park.

• 1 month later...

A few of us visited Cha-Am fishing park about a month ago. You can definitely rent rooms/bungalows there, they are about 100m from the lake but in the same complex. The top end is +1,000 for aircon and TrueVisions.

We were a little bit gutted as we had expected all night fishing (a la Bungsamran) but as someone else noted they shut in the evening. From memory I think it was around 8pm.