Rottweiler

stuandchris

My friend has to move back to Canada asap.

He has a 1 year old pedigree Rottweiler, this is a pet and the softest dog I have ever known, he is an absolute beauty. It loves children and other dogs.

He is fully innoculated and healthy in every way.

He is willing to give the dog away [Kobe] but it is not to be used as a guard dog on some site and it must be to a good home.

I would take him like a shot but I already have three dogs.

Can anyone help please?

Hey Stu,

Maybe its me but is it not a coincedence that both interested parties have 3 posts between them??????

I do hope you find a good home for Kobe, I would but with Spicey (you know that crazy Springer Spaniel) & 2 cats not a good move.

Cheers

McFarang

Stuart, Thanks for the contact details, my wife and I met with Lance and Kobe this afternoon and we were very impressed by both of them. Lance seems a great guy and the dog is absolutely superb!! A real credit to Lance and in the 20 minutes we were there you can clearly see the many hours of love & training that must have gone on in their year together.

I am still unsure as to how I want to proceed, as I have already said, I have two dogs, one of them being an extremely headstrong Hungarian Vizsla, but the main thing that struck me and the Mrs when we saw Lance and his dog together was that its a huge shame they have to be parted!?

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully the dog will get a new home, and one which he will enjoy. I've had many different dogs throughout my life, and can say with all honesty that one of the best was a Rottweiler bitch that I had. The main trait of Rottweiler's is that of loyalty, which is why they can become over protective and assume a guarding role if not exposed to a variety of social circumstances. I was very fortunate when I first got 'Gerda' as a pup, that I met the training officer for the Rottweiler Club in Scotland, who gave me a great insight into the breed, and some of potential problems that an owner can encounter. It's important with any dog, and Rottweilers in particular, that you try and integrate them into your normal life, and let them get used to different circumstances outside the family home.