Seeking High Elevation Land Or Small House/land

jaideeguy

After spending 10+ LONG HOT SUMMERS in Chiang Mai, I find that either it's getting hotter and/or my tolerance for the heat is getting worse.....maybe a combination of both. Anyway, it has me thinking of high elevation alternatives to beat the heat.......can't go much further north.

I have a nice home near CM and could keep it, but escape during the summer months....March to June to my cool mountain retreat. Ideally, no more than 3 hrs hours drive from CM.

The problem with LOS is that most of the populated areas are in the lowlands and infrastructure and comforts are lacking in the high elevation areas. Another thing lacking is land titles and ownership [by Thai wife], but maybe a long term lease could be arranged to build a simple bungalow??

Or maybe long term rent of a bungalow in an existing resort??

My basic needs would be......

1] minimum 1,000mtrs elevation

2] internet at decent speeds

3] decent roads

4] possibility of ownership or long term lease

In my 10 yrs up north I've searched for that perfect cool place and a couple of areas seem like they could be viable options.....

Doi Angkhan @ 1,300mtrs elevation has perfect weather and meets my criteria, but land ownership needs investigation.

and a close friend, married to a hilltribe girl owns some coffee land at about the same elevation on a high mountain about 75kilometers from CM and I proposed a long term lease to him. beautiful area and totally off the tourist path....for better and worse, but totally undeveloped and have to look into satelite internet options.

Anyone else out there chasing this same dream?? or know of any high elevation sites that meet my above criteria?? or wanna share purchase/lease on larger parcel of land??

Feel free to PM me info.

we know of a place exactly like that ,,, about 60-75minutes from CM out past hot springs..

BUT i dont know about the interenet service,, you probably have to get a sateleite dish or whatever..

if interested PM us..thx

I'm fully prepared to get a satelite dish if needed. So far, I've received a few leeds via PM and will check them out....but some are large parcels and would maybe be best to share with other like minded 'fugitives from the heat and smoke of the lowlands'. Anyone interested in a summer getaway????

I'm fully prepared to get a satelite dish if needed. So far, I've received a few leeds via PM and will check them out....but some are large parcels and would maybe be best to share with other like minded 'fugitives from the heat and smoke of the lowlands'. Anyone interested in a summer getaway????

I've visited a Royal project in Mae Rim, about only 1 hour drive for the city to the top approx. 1,300 m elevation. 

I was there for the herbs (sweet basil, rosemary sort of herbs).  

That is the place where they grow herbs and cos lectuce for our ceasar salads!

I don't know about land ownership but would be nice to live there.

http://www.thairoyalprojecttour.com/travel/g3-1.php

Should be able to lease some land in Doi Angkhang (obviously outside the Royal Project) and then Fang's just down the hill for weekly grocery shopping :)

How about Samoeng, or perhaps pitch a tent with the Hmong up Doi Suthep?

Will be making a trip up to Doi Angkhan after the songkran holidays and check it out further. have been there 3 or 4 times and always enjoyed the temperatures and nature. DA does have basic infrastructure, which is a big plus, but far from shopping in CM or CR.....not much to offer in Fang.

Samoeng is close to CM, but pricey and I hear lots of hankey pankey going on with chanots and it doesn't have much elevation.