Accusations & Name & Shame.

Before posting any CONTROVERSIAL topics, with name & shame, I strongly suggest you read forum rules:

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

I would like to add a personal experience regarding this issue and that will, I think be the end of that discussion.

A few years ago, someone posted such a post on this forum, naming and shaming a popular local venue. Many old time members came out in defense of the place and I then received a PM from the owner as well as a few members in the know that the namer and shamer was, in fact, a disgruntled ex employee that had been fired.

As an additional note, it needs to be said that Thailand is one of the few countries that holds defamation as a criminal charge and that defamation is, in Thailand, an attempt to damage some one's reputation.

So, in that light, be aware that name and shame posts will be deleted and you could find yourself warned if you do so.

//CLOSED//