Cell Phone Help

sammyd42

I am not sure if this is the right place ot post this or if anyone can be of any help, but I am running out of resources, so here goes:

I'm in okinawa, my thai friend is, well in thailand, and I seem to have a very hard time reaching her.

I call and it seems like i can only get through to her when she is at work or going to the market, both places it is hard or not allowed for her to be talking on the cell phone. When i call her apart from those times the phone seems to ring and ring, not ring at all, or ring then give me a busy tone or some other odd electrical sound.

I have tried calling from everything from cell phone, payphone, skype, yahoo messenger etc (like i said i seem to have exhausted all my resources)

also, we email each other and they seem to only get through on her side as she has sent me several messages, only a few of which i actually recieve, not sure what that could be about, but id rathr talk to her by voice anyhow.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, or even a native thai (prefereably female so theres no funny stuff, lol) that wants to pm me so i can give them the number and see if they have the same problem or explain to her the situation better that would be fantastic.

p.s. I am not a forum guru so if i am commiting some evil taboo here it is not my intention and I am very sorry

Also, i know that she is not trying to ignore me, so dont just tel me to get a clue, i could do without that advice.

It doesn't say where she's at, but at times it's extremely hard to get a signal up in NakWan also....much of the same problems you're describing and a few more like getting immediately sent to voice mail and a call 10 seconds later going through...afraid that is what happens in areas that the telco makes little money...it's not worth it to them to provide excellent service, just good enough to keep people from jumping to another carrier....try and convince her to try another carrier for a bit perhaps that will help.