Being Settled/going To Settle.

Greetings all.

So, once again I will be heading over to the British Embassy. This time to submit my visa application for the fiancee visa for my partner. I wondered whether it makes a difference for me to be settled with an address and job in England already established before my partner has her interview or not rather. Personally I would prefer to be settled beofre she gets the visa but this does mean I will not be present at the interview.

I would have thought being settled in the UK prior to the interview would improve our chances of obtaining the visa as my financial situation would be subsequently improved and I would be able to provide clear proof of my income, whereas if I wait here for the visa to come through I cannot show any proof of future income. I'm aware of the fact that I can ask a family member to act as a sponsor and provide an address and covering letter but bearing in mind I have a lot to pay out over the next few months my own finances are going to take a biot of a battering I'd rather sort them out sooner rather than later.

So, can anyone give any advice? What should I do? Hang in here for a few more months and sweat it out or send the application off, notify the Embassy I am returning to the UK to work and set things up there as soon as? Bearing in mind we are applying to settle in the UK this must surely be a better option. It will also give me some extra, and well-needed needed cash.

Advice genuinely appreciated.

fw1,

Your country of residence at the time of your fiancée's interview does not, per se, have a bearing upon her settlement application. However, obviously, to be earning a crust in the UK will enhance her chances of satisfying the financial provisions of the immigration rules. The choice is yours.

Scouse.

Yes, this is more or less what I thought. I suppose I can always ask someone in the Embassy whether missing the interview would diminsh our chances of the visa being issues. I've been with my partner in BKK for nearly two years now. We have lots of proof of our relationship such as bills, bank accounts, and so on. My only real concern is with my finances as 2 flights back to the UK and the cost of the visa will take most of my savings here.

Thnaks for the advice

fw1,

Not being at the interview will not detract from your partner's chances of getting the visa.

Westybrook,

Yes, they need to prove that they do have a relationship and this is best done by showing the things that you mentioned.

Scouse.

would that be the case with myself scouser, I am married, I did this in Thailand and is all legal, but would she need to bring in any proof of our relationship or is this just for partners only.

Also is (ISA) Immigration Advisory Service any good? I saw this on the back of my UK VISA booklet and said it was a free charity based org and can give good advice. Although I have found the advise from you guys on here to be fantastic!

Yes, even if you're married, the visa applicant still needs to show that there is, in fact, an ongoing relationship. The IAS provides free advice but, in my experience, only gets involved once a problem has occurred.

Scouse.