Convert Multi Entry Visa

I'm sure this question has been asked many times.

I intend to obtain a Multi entry visa based upon a Thai wife at KL because the funds to extend at Chaengwattana have not matured for two months as demanded.

Can I easily convert this back to a normal Visa, non O I believe, and how soon. Can I do this with a single entry Visa from KL or should I obtain a multi entry Visa and convert within the 15 months available?

Thanks in advance.

It depends on how quickly you can qualify the bank account. If you are already here on an "O" Visa, have you considered applying for the 60 day extension and would that be enough time for your account to qualify?

Also, the visa you would get in KL is a normal visa, you wouldn't be converting back to anything, just applying for another "Extension of Stay" if you already have one.

Edited by beechguy

The question is what visa are you now on, a non-immigrant or not. If you are on a non-immigrant you can just ask for the 60 day extension and get the 1 year extension at the end of the 60 days when the money has been seasoned long enough. If you are on a tourist or visa exempt entry, you will need at least 21 days left for you to convert to a non-O in Thailand itself. You have to calculate if you will have enough days left when you have seasoned the money, even with the 60 day extension. if not, go abroad and apply for a non-O. A single will do just as fine.

My 60 day extension on a non B Visa is almost finished and I need to go to KL for a new Visa in order for the Bank funds to mature.

Hence my question as what Visa I should apply for at KL so that later I can apply for another 1 year extension at Bangkok based on a Thai wife.

Update.

Today received a 90 day single entry Visa. Cost MYR 220 = about Baht 2,300. Better to exchange money at KL as you receive a much better rate.

The Immigration lady just looked at my papers, kept them all and gave me a receipt for MYR 220. It took less than 5 minutes after about a one hour wait as there were many people in the queue before me..