Songkram And Cameras

phetaroi

I actually took a lot of pictures last Songkran, went to Chiang Mai.

If you're careful, not too much risk for your gear.

I mean if you do not have a small son shooting at you.

But well, the camera survived, not a good shot yet :)

388r.JPG

Edited by eurasianthai

normally only 13/14/15

Offical days, yes. In Kan 17th is the big day, Pattaya 16th to 18th, and the finale is in Prapadeng Bangkok.

20 years ago I used to enjoy getting soaked.

Not any longer........... :)

Big pussy you. I am 60 and will go out fighting with the rest of the folks, but only using me camera/s. I do have a Aqua Pack to house me Oly 8080 :D and the Oly E-3 is "splash proof" so they say :D

Let the Games of 2010 begin :D

Songkran in Thailand

Sawadee :D

P.S.

Oly E-3 - 15-APR-2009 and Photomatix Pro

large.jpg

Oly 8080 - 15-APR-2005

large.jpg

My Olympus E-1 is sealed to withstand rain...but I still put it into a strong large plastic bag...open at the bottom for my hand...and with a hole cut-out and secured around the lens front with the lens-hood.

Water drops need to be wiped off the filter to avoid blurred areas...but it is far better this way than to only take pix from within a vehicle or by tele from afar.

Close in to the action...wide angle...fast shutter...freezes the water well.

My Olympus E-1 is sealed to withstand rain...but I still put it into a strong large plastic bag...open at the bottom for my hand...and with a hole cut-out and secured around the lens front with the lens-hood.

Water drops need to be wiped off the filter to avoid blurred areas...but it is far better this way than to only take pix from within a vehicle or by tele from afar.

Close in to the action...wide angle...fast shutter...freezes the water well.

Both of my photos above where taken within a vehicle (as I was driving) and one by tele from afar. :D and froze the water nicely :D

OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP. E-3

1/250s f/4.0 at 70.0mm iso400

My Olympus E-3 is sealed only for 'Splash Proof' hence me, in the truck with a tele lens (70 - 300mm) and the trusty old Oly 8080 will be on the roads during this Songkran :)

Have fun and safe times folks. :D

Sawadee :D

Edited by Kan Win

Sure you CAN take good photos from within a vehicle...but it is very restrictive. You have more freedom on foot. I expect most of us have older model cameras which could be used in a plastic bag and not feel too much of a loss if they are put out of action.