Red Shirts In Pattaya

begsaresponse

I think the Mayor in Pattaya is one of theirs, isn't he?

I think so. So what's the point in taking city halls that are already friendly. A side note, watched a bunch of Pattaya "taxi" drivers glued to the radio listening to the red propaganda tonight. If their taxis actually had meters in them, they would be working, making good money, and wouldn't need the dream of a Thaksin savior coming back to supposedly give them free money. Sometimes solutions for poverty are so easy, drive the taxis, don't just sit there!

Edited by Jingthing

yes, I also heard similar story from an old villager that we were giving a lift back to his home beside suphanburi. he said that they were offering 400baht per day to some villagers where he lives to join the protest, but they were only to get the money only if they stayed until the end of protests

What a disgrace - can't they think of anything original, or do they have to copy everything the yellow-shirts did until they got in power?!

Just been watching Tan Network News showing "red shirt" flashing around an automatic pistol with the crowd cheering him on. Prior to this a policemen being thrown to the ground then a sruggle takes place around an automatic rifle.

Lawlesness spings to mind!

A picture of a "yellow shirt" firing into the crowd from the back of a truck is springs to my mind!

I got a call from a friend in Bangkok.

He indicated red shirts are on foot and in convoys of vehicles throughout the city waving banners and shouting slogans.

He indicated many of his Thai friends were frightened that the violence will escalate.

Hopefully, Pattaya will remain safe.

Just been watching Tan Network News showing "red shirt" flashing around an automatic pistol with the crowd cheering him on. Prior to this a policemen being thrown to the ground then a sruggle takes place around an automatic rifle.

A picture of a "yellow shirt" firing into the crowd from the back of a truck,

No yellows in evidence these days. Why are you harping about the past? Have you read the news? It is ALL about the reds.

yes, I also heard similar story from an old villager that we were giving a lift back to his home beside suphanburi. he said that they were offering 400baht per day to some villagers where he lives to join the protest, but they were only to get the money only if they stayed until the end of protests

What a disgrace - can't they think of anything original, or do they have to copy everything the yellow-shirts did until they got in power?!

The Reds used paid demonstrators from way before there were any Yellows. Get your facts right.

The Reds used paid demonstrators from way before there were any Yellows. Get your facts right.

My post was intended to be (and I presumed obviously was) sarcastic. Since you appear to have taken it seriously, however, I should point out that my facts are right - the PAD (yellow shirts) was formed by Sondhi prior to the military coup in 2006, while the UDD (red shirts) was formed after it, with the appropriate shirts being worn from formation. Get your facts right (please!).

A picture of a "yellow shirt" firing into the crowd from the back of a truck,

No yellows in evidence these days. Why are you harping about the past? Have you read the news? It is ALL about the reds.

Because I find little difference between either the reds or the yellows as far as their respect for others and the rule of law goes, and my memory stretches beyond today's news even if yours does not. If the opposition were back in power it would be the yellows "in evidence" and "the news" would be "ALL about the" yellows. I am sorry if that concept is beyond you.

chill pills for all of you please.

This is the Pattaya Forum. While it is ok to discuss where red, yellow, whatever shirts gather, keep your political views as much out of it as possible. We have plenty of that kind of discussion in the Newsclippings. Enter at own risk... :)