600km Trip From Bkk

saorsa

I booked my bike in for it's 8000km service on Thursday, but as I have only done 7370km as of today, I want to do around 600km tomorrow. I was already at Kao Yai today for a blast, so any suggestions of other destinations with some nice twisty bits and a round trip of around 600km leaving and ending in Bangkok would be much appreciated.

Edited by saorsa

Why not just have the 8000 Km. service done and not waste time and money just clocking up the odd 600 Km.. Knowing Thailand's roads you could end up dead on that 600 Km. :)

Wow, great 1st post, I'm so glad you felt the need to pop your cherry by replying to my question with such good advice. I shall lock up my bike and never ride it again in case i have a scary accident on those nasty dangerous roads.

you can die walking to your own bathroom...

everything can kill you...

ride and enjoy the twists...just keep the rubber side down...

i would suggest the highway down south, but that would be more for speed (I like speed)...

why set a route? why not ride around and test a few new roads?

enjoy...

I've travelled north and south from BKK and most routes are just straight highway. Have to agree with Snowflake, I prefer the southern route. You can take in Phet Buri, Hua Hin, Cha am and Pratchuap Khiri Khan, that should see you to 500+ km return.

I used to drive down to Surat Thani a lot and always used to see lots of big bikes going in and out of Prachuap Khiri Khan wearing colours so I think there must be a club or bike scene going on there but I never got a chance to check it out.

You can stop at Hua Hin or Cha am if you want to have a look at the towns and beaches or have a bite, or you can bypass them on the highway and drive straight to PKK. Nice mountain scenery around there too.

Wherever you decide, have a good ride and stay safe. :)

I've travelled north and south from BKK and most routes are just straight highway. Have to agree with Snowflake, I prefer the southern route. You can take in Phet Buri, Hua Hin, Cha am and Pratchuap Khiri Khan, that should see you to 500+ km return.

I used to drive down to Surat Thani a lot and always used to see lots of big bikes going in and out of Prachuap Khiri Khan wearing colours so I think there must be a club or bike scene going on there but I never got a chance to check it out.

You can stop at Hua Hin or Cha am if you want to have a look at the towns and beaches or have a bite, or you can bypass them on the highway and drive straight to PKK. Nice mountain scenery around there too.

Wherever you decide, have a good ride and stay safe. :)

Did Hua Hin and on down to Chumphon a while ago, found the roads kind of boring, just fast highways. I prefer smaller roads with corners. May just go for a wander and see what I find...always got the zumo to get me home if I get lost.

cheers

Ever been to Kaeng Krachan? That's a nice day trip that would get you the mileage you're looking for-

IMG_0120Sm.jpg

Kunkarn's new Ducati Hypermotard 795 is so sexy!

IMG_0097Sm.jpg

Sorry Kunkarn for kissing your bike so many times! cheesy.gif

Me love your Hypermotard LONG time!!!

sam1040.jpg

IMG_0098Sm.jpg

Nice relaxing time at Cha-am

IMG_0104Sm.jpg

sam1059.jpg

IMG_0105Sm.jpg

sam1061.jpg

Then off to Kaeng Krachan to see if we can do some laps at the race track. Unfortunately it was closed for a private event, but no worries- they guys knew a place nearby where we could rent some ATVs and go tearing around-

sam1076.jpg

I hadn't ridden one of these things for years- forgot how much fun they are! grin.gif

tr20.jpg

Riding up to the Kaeng Krachan dam-

tr22.jpg

IMG_0110Sm.jpg

Wow- so beautiful!!!

IMG_0120Sm.jpg

Thank you all for a wonderful day! Let's do it again soon!

Happy Trails!

Tony

IMG_0117Sm.jpg

Looks fun. I did BKK-CHachoengsao-Wang Nam Khieo-Kao Yai-BKK which worked out as 600km. After doing that in the heat today, the beer at the HD shop tasted awesome! Shame i forgot to put sunblock on my ears...got couple of bits of crispy bacon attached to the sides of my head now!

Looks fun. I did BKK-CHachoengsao-Wang Nam Khieo-Kao Yai-BKK which worked out as 600km. After doing that in the heat today, the beer at the HD shop tasted awesome! Shame i forgot to put sunblock on my ears...got couple of bits of crispy bacon attached to the sides of my head now!

Ah- that's a great loop! Some brilliant roads and scenery- really about the best day trip there is from Bangkok IMO. You might recognize some of these places-

iPhonepics024Small.jpg

iPhonepics011Small.jpg

iPhonepics102Small.jpg

iPhonepics099Small.jpg

iPhonepics089Small.jpg

iPhonepics101Small.jpg

iPhonepics060Small.jpg

iPhonepics109Small-4.jpg

iPhonepics107Small-3.jpg

iPhonepics010Small.jpg

iPhonepics012Small.jpg

One of my favorite routes, going down the plateau is also nice if you take the road all the way through wang nam kieo...took 304 all the way back to Bangkok once though, and won't do it again! talk about a boring ride.

As you get closer to bangkok it gets hotter and stickier, makes you want to turn around and go back.

Edited by Powerband