Buying A Mobile From Hong Kong.

teletiger

Anybody ever use Imobilephonez? They seem quite big on Ebay. Reasonable prices too.

They use Fedex to ship and I was wondering, given Fedex's poor reputation regarding customs charges, whether anybody here had any experience. TIA.

Regards.

Yes - I have bought from them. They post promptly (to Australia). The only problem - as you said, is they use FedEx. I have bought dozens of items from Hong Kong and I refuse to have goods sent DHL or FedEx as they are stopped at Customs in Australia and I have had to pay DUTY on them even though they are marked as a GIFT. I assume you will have the same problems with them in Thailand.

Where in Thailand are you? Go to the 4th floor of MBK or TUK.com in Pattaya and you will never use eBay again! Heaps of bargains - mobile phones from 990 baht.

If you want something sent from Hong Kong - get it sent by POST. Use registered post if you don't trust Thai post office. Touch wood, I have sent and received a number of items through Thai post and never had a problem (yet!).

Peter