Rude Immigration Officer

This is airport immigration on entry and exit? Every entry point I've been into or out of they don't appreciate you really standing too close and it is also policy not to smile so maybe she wasn't too happy about you're lack of understanding these basic rules..

Actually Warpspeed, you make a very good point here & if the OP was a real experienced Police Officer he would understand these basics himself, as most experienced street Police like to keep a good personal space around them when dealing with people/grubs they don't know. The OP seems to have forgotten this & I for one think the Immigration Officer would of been more than justified in sending him back to the rear of the line, or worse.

Id rather deal with immigration any day of the week in Bangkok airport than say, Heathrow. Those scumbags make me sick.

Mind you i can read simple instructions at the counter in Bangkok, so I never have problems.

i really think that no matter where you go in the world now ,the immigration people seem to be the most obnoxious types you will find.

I travel frequently and always present myself in a nice friendly manner,and on some occassions get the same in return, but mostly not.they do not give you the welcome feeling at all huh!

Maybe they are jealous of all the people coming on holiday or whatever and begrudge them that..i donno!

The best/worst i had was on entry to T/land from Laos.

I have worn 2 large gold earrings for 20 odd years..my choice, but on arrival in NongKai immigation ,the lady of the day ,even as i was making polite small talk was focused on said earrings...Where did you get them? Why do you wear them? Are you a lady,? If not you should remove them now, it is not good for a man to wear earrings... ah ha ah ha ... lol

She gave me a fair dressing down in front of the waiting queue...Welcome to Thailand.... :)

I remained polite and smiling and she ran out of things to say in the end...

If i had told her exactly what i thought of her actions , i would probably ended up with major probs...so smile and bite your tongue,as the OP should have done..

Although I find if you give immigration anywhere ALL the documents they require, you will always be ok.

To be honest the most obnoxiously I've been treated was at immi back in the UK when I went home to visit my gran.

The guy was trying to peel back the photo on my passport to see if it was fake until I felt obliged to let out an annoyed " OI! "

I could imagine trying to get my extension of stay back in Thailand later that year and being rejected because they thought my passport had been tampered with.

I'll second that.

I'm British and the wife is Thai, twice been to the UK together and a long list of crap silly questions from immigration.

Last time I got it in the neck and was asked allsorts of rubbish......

Manchester airport.....yer can stick it up yer ####.

No wonder she don't want to live there,,,niether do I.

Worst immgration experience I have encountered was a land crossing between Peru going into Equador....quite scarey.

Not a very nice title for a thread, leaves me wondering who the 'cow' is tony?

Had you not thought to place yourself in her shoes for just one moment. How would you like every fat slob coming into the country leaning up against your work station spewing bad breath an odours all over the poor woman. Whats wrong with your back, why can't you stand up straight and show a bit of respect, its not a lounge area to sloth all over :) .

Your comments regarding her obesity are very childish. Its a pity she didnt put an entry into you backside rather than your passport......your doing yourself no favours with this type of ignorance. :D

portly is not obese :D:D:D:D

whats puzzling is y this thread not closed. it sure would be if fat babe was a farang.

Edited by simpathy

• 2 weeks later...

A few pms have been sent to the forum tough guys, the ball is in your court guys, I await my pms with baited breath :)

Actually I may as well do it in here, some of you guys are clearly losers that seem to get off on casting doubt on others, well here is an open invitation for ANY of you that would like to meet and check my credentials, length of service etc, to be honest I find some of the stupid comments quite offensive and I am amazed that they have not been deleted given the forum rules.

Anyway I await the PMs arranging to meet so my credentials can be checked then hopefully apologies will be forthcoming from the more moronic amongst you, i won't hold my breath though, abuse through an anonymous internet forum is probably the best most of you can manage.

Edited by tonywebster

This is airport immigration on entry and exit? Every entry point I've been into or out of they don't appreciate you really standing too close and it is also policy not to smile so maybe she wasn't too happy about you're lack of understanding these basic rules..

Actually Warpspeed, you make a very good point here & if the OP was a real experienced Police Officer he would understand these basics himself, as most experienced street Police like to keep a good personal space around them when dealing with people/grubs they don't know. The OP seems to have forgotten this & I for one think the Immigration Officer would of been more than justified in sending him back to the rear of the line, or worse.

pm me