Girlfriend Holiday Visa.

Here's a slightly diferent angle, I have lived in Thailand for 7 year's, I hold a non immigrant o visa doing the normal three month's run to Cambodia, I will be going back to the uk this year to visit my ageing mother and make repair's to my house, I have alway's gone back on my own but this time I would like to take my girlfriend, we have lived together for six year's, she hold's a passport but has never used it, if it would be ok to take her we would only be away from Thailand for about a month, what do you think immigration would think about this ?

Here's a slightly diferent angle,  I have lived in Thailand for 7 year's,  I hold a non immigrant o visa doing the normal three month's run to Cambodia,  I will be going back to the uk this year to visit my ageing mother and make repair's to my house,  I have alway's gone back on my own but this time I would like to take my girlfriend, we have lived together for six year's,  she hold's a passport but has never used it,  if it would be ok to take her we would only be away from Thailand for about a month,  what do you think immigration would think about this ?

As long as she can show i plausible reason to return here, it should be a snap..... :o

Pop3,

Providing that you can display that you've lived in Thailand for 7 years and that you've been with your g/f for 6, she should have a reasonable shot at getting the visit visa. You should submit evidence of your life together in Thailand as well as proof of your ability to pay for the trip and accommodation in the UK.

Scouse.

If you concentrate your documentation on "compelling reasons" for her to return to Thailand, you have the best chance.

Since your long stay here, it would also be a positive factor if you provide docmentation for your future plans to live in Thailand as well.

I will cast the negative vote on this as his visa status does not seem to be what would normally be expected for a seven year stay in Thailand (visa runs on an O visa) and does not argue well for his return. But hope I am wrong; and no information was provided on the lady except she has not traveled so perhaps she will be the key.

Thankyou very much for your time everyone, Lopburi has a good point there about the many year's on an o visa but Im not yet 50 so mabe I just hope for the best on that one.

As for my girlfriend, she's done many thing's from child minding to house cleaning, even selling food with a motorbike, not to mention selling her pussy inbetween but mabe better not to mention that bit !! Thank's again, pop 3

Yes, Lopburi's point is a valid one, but, irrespective of what visa you have for Thailand, you can show that for the last 7 years you've been living there, returning to the UK for holidays. On the basis of that history the visa officer can't doubt that it is not your intention to do so on this occasion.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Yes, Lopburi's point is a valid one, but, irrespective of what visa you have for Thailand, you can show that for the last 7 years you've been living there, returning to the UK for holidays. On the basis of that history the visa officer can't doubt that it is not your intention to do so on this occasion.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Agree and from pop3 last post of not being of age to retire makes it sound better than first impression that he might have been working here against the rules and now returning to homeland with the GF.

As for previous employment perhaps some items can be more diplomatically presented. :o