Suvarnabhumi Airport

OZEMADE

I came past the Airport last night heading to lop Buri and the traffic flowed freely until you hit any entrance to the airport. The traffic was banked up for miles at all entrances to Suvarnabhumi due to an increase in police and military blockades, so don't take notice of the reports that there is not a problem or you will miss your flight.

The media and the Gov want you to think all is Ok, <deleted> I'm letting you know it's not, as they seem to be checking every vehicle on the way in. Bearing in mind also that a lot of people use these entrances to get home or to work not only to catch flights.

I saw this at 9PM last night, this was before they called a state of Emergency.

So you have been warned. :)

oze.

Trust me, the road blocks are not an issue, I went through the airport on the way to Manila yesterday. It was awful. I was flying Cebu Air, so we were checked in by Bangkok Flight Services.

Bangkok Flight Services should be renamed Bangkok hinderer and move slower than dead people.

It took nearly 45 minutes to get to the check-in.

Immigration is now a huge joke. The queue was OUTSIDE the waiting area, and it took me another HOUR to get airside.

Luckily I had allowed 2 hours minimum queuing time. But there were people who were in the immigration queue who missed their planes.

A modern efficient airport? Don't make me laugh. The old airport was faster and more efficient.

This Is Thailand

Below is an email I received this morning.

Hi Bert

just a little heads up tell anybody going to the airport to leave in plenty of Time when i arrived the lines for immigration were reaching to the check in desks add to thet the new security checks as soon as you clear immigration and the army checking every car for Manchester United fans it can take ages to get through I was in the line and jokingly said to the security Guy 'My wife is Thai' he obviously thought Linda was with me and sent me through the thai passport section i was through in 2 minutes the officer looked at me funny so i gave it my best land of smiles grin and he stamped me through.

I will be in touch

George

Trust me, the road blocks are not an issue, I went through the airport on the way to Manila yesterday. It was awful. I was flying Cebu Air, so we were checked in by Bangkok Flight Services.

If you have hold ups getting to the airport, and then more hold ups checking in, wouldn't that make the road blocks even more of an issue? A double whammy with far more chance of missing a flight.

Cebu Pacific flights to Manila leave at 00.40 because it is a budget airline. Perhaps at that hour the staff numbers are down.

with road blocks checking for red shirts, it would make it easy for the red shirts to turn up at every road block simultaneously and start confrontations with the police and army causing total pandemonium, it could take hours to move them and nothing will get through.

Went to the airport yesterday. A couple of check points. Vehicle were being slowed so that soldiers could see inside, but not stopped. No jams at all. 1 hour 10 minutes by taxi from Pattaya.

Quite frankly I was glad to see something being done. Caused no problems at all.