Thai Language Solutions Language School

Kiccoro

Has anyone actually attended Thai Language Solutions Language School?

There are 2 branches, one at Asoke, and the other at Phayathai.

I have checked with both branches, and I was told the 2 schools apply different teaching methods and textbooks.

I was quite impressed by the textbook which the Asoke branch is using. And the service seems good too - the lady replied to all my enquiries promptly and sent me sample pages of their textbooks and workbooks without hesitation when I requested for them.

Has anyone attended this school?

I would like to seek some feedback on how serious the school is in its teaching, and the effectiveness of their method. Also, on how serious they are in their teaching of the reading and writing aspect?

Appreciate any feedback.... thanks! :)

Thai Language Solutions is a school with good reputation for a number of years. I have not attended there personally - but have been refered to it from various sources.

The "different teaching method" probably referes to a "rapid reading method". The fact that they even attempt to innovate their methods speaks highly of them.

Thanks Parvis, for your advice :D

To quote the lady from the Asoke branch:

For Reading and Writing Course, we have been teaching at our school with 2 methods.

2.1 Teaching Reading and Writing by Thai Theory.

This method is used the most now for many Thai language schools. It is original method and the same method as for Thai people have learned from Thai schools.

This method suits to students who would like to gain writing which is the most difficult skill for Thai language. We normally interview students before the class. And if we find out that students are purposed to learn writing, we will offer them by Thai Theory.

2.2 Teaching Reading by Rapid Method.

This method is only from Thai Language Solutions. The method focus on reading quickly by pictures help.( Visual Learning ). We created this method because it helps for students who are purposed to read Thai in daily and to avoid the phonetic alphabets from text books. As we begin with this method, we found that most of

students who have learned by this method are satisfied for reading skill. Most of them are business men. Therefore it quite suit them to read Thai for their business.

And the lady from the Phayathai branch:

We have different method and textbook from Asok. (we teach Thai in Thai by different technics in classes to make the students understand and can use Thai without English but for beginner the teacher will use English sometimes also).

Seems like they employ different techniques although both are Thai Language Solutions.

I have seen the textbook from the Asoke branch, but not the one from the Phayathai branch. :)

The owner of BOTH branches is most likely the one who answered your emails and she is most always at the Asok branch.

She is one of the nicest thai language school owners I've ever had the chance to meet. She genuinely has the desire to teach thai to foreigners. The vast amount of text books, the accompanying home-workbooks, all the extra hand-outs and supplemental learning materials which she has reflect this philosophy.

I sat several different levels of classes at her school, and enjoyed them all. I also reviewed her school in the "Best Thai Language School" thread pinned at the top of this forum. Here's the review I did of the school;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Languag...t&p=3301350

I think the Phaya Thai branch is a ‘pilot’ program designed to teach thai to people whose native language isn’t english, and there by opening her market more to that demographic. I wholeheartedly concur, that a school would try another method to teach thai, speaks volumes about their sincerity and their drive to teach.

After I wrote the review they partnered up with the guy who developed the "Rapid Method" system. This is an overview from their website;

http://www.thaisolutions1502.com/our-methods/#rapid-method

Good luck,

tod

I have been studying at Thai Solutions. First I took Conversation 1: nice teacher, phonetic Thai, but for me romanized, phonetic Thai is not a good approach. However I recently took the Rapid reading course ( based on the 'Read Thai in A Day' ebook) which is delivered by its author Gary Orman. This was excellent. A really good system that enables you to memorize the thai alphabet and tone rules in a very short space of time maybe 16 hours of class time. I wholeheartedly recommend this as the way to go. This first then build from there with further reading/conversation classes, once you are somewhat literate you can learn so much faster I think... Best of luck!

I have been studying at Thai Solutions. Initially I took 'Conversation 1': fairly good teacher, I suppose reasonable material, small class - but for me romanized, phonetic Thai is not a good approach. However, recently I took the 'Rapid Reading' course which is based on the 'Read Thai in A Day' e-book, (google it) and is delivered by the author himself, Gary Orman. This was excellent. Painless! It really was effective in enabling me to memorize the alphabet and tone rules in around 12-16 hours of class time - two three hour lessons over three weeks. I recommend this as the way to go. This first, then build from there with further reading/conversation classes, once you are somewhat literate there are more options and you can learn faster I think. Best of luck!
Edited by maeowyai

I think the the ladies who answered my emails from the Asok and Phayathai branches are 2 differerent ladies.

The one from Asok, most probably the boss who Tod-daniels was referring to, speaks pretty good English whereas the one from Phayathai branch seems to me somewhat less proficient.

But Tod-daniels you are right... I emailed many schools and so far Thai Language Solutions (especially the Asok branch) responded the fastest and provided the most helpful information. That's why I am pretty impressed and decided to take classes from them instead of Unity language school which I originally wanted to go to.

And maeowyai, thanks for the helpful advice too! I will join the class and perhaps post my feedback here at a later stage :)