Traffic In And Around Pattaya

deejah

planning a trip to escape the madness

unfortunately need to come back sunday and commute out and back on monday

what is it going to be like coming back on sunday to pattaya?

should i come back as late as possible?

will the water festivities be quieter that evening than in the afternoon?

i suppose leaving pat monday morning no problem

how about getting back to pattaya monday afternoon or evening?

thanks

It should not be too bad...the Bangkok crowd will have already be heading home and the locals will be tired-out. Also depends where in Pattaya you need to reach. If it's along Beach Road or the central parts of town it may still be somewhat heavy traffic but Jomtien, Naklua, and East Pattaya will probably be no problem.

It should not be too bad...the Bangkok crowd will have already be heading home and the locals will be tired-out. Also depends where in Pattaya you need to reach. If it's along Beach Road or the central parts of town it may still be somewhat heavy traffic but Jomtien, Naklua, and East Pattaya will probably be no problem.

thought the same last year. big mistake! wait till at least 10pm on sunday evening, otherwise you will be stuck on suk and everywhere else. previous years it stopped at sundown, last year it didn't...

monday should be business as usual.

Edited by kicking

Another benefit to living in East Pattaya...just sneak back into town through the Highway 7 "backdoor" go around the lake and then right back into the moobaan :)

thought the same last year. big mistake! wait till at least 10pm on sunday evening, otherwise you will be stuck on suk and everywhere else. previous years it stopped at sundown, last year it didn't...

monday should be business as usual.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Monday 19th is the "Pattaya day" for Songkran and will be where it is most busy. It won't stop until late in the early hours. Suggest you better stay in a hotel in Bangkok and come down Tuesday.

Correct, I was thinking Sunday was the 19th. Avoid travel on the 19th unless it is after 11pm and you are not in a hurry...

I will be in Pattaya from 17-20, Holiday Inn on Beach Road, I need to go back to Bangkok on Monday for a meeting at 10.00 which I cannot change, if I leave at about 06.00 should I be ok?

Might it be worth catching a bus and leaving the car at the hotel?

They start quite early but I guess if you leave your hotel by 6am you ought to be able to beat the mayhem. No guarantees though!

How would you get to the bus? I would take the car to avoid arriving drenched.

(Edit: I thought we were talking about 19th. For the 17th there should be no problem leaving Pattaya at 6am or even later)

Edited by Phil Conners

came back to pat sunday eve 8pm

traffic coming in not too bad

they are still playing water so not easy to stay dry

figure it is going to be more of the same all day and night tomorrow

i think leaving morning and then coming back into town

tomorrow monday night the 19 to central pattaya

will be difficult so time to bunker down

any more thoughts on getting back in town tommorrow night?

I left Pattaya this morning at 06.00, traffic ok until I got to Bangkok, normal Rama IX hold ups.

What did suprise me was the water throwing that was happening at that time of the morning on Beach Road, they seemed to have been there all night.