Thailand To Face Torrential Rain In Early June

george

Thailand to face torrential rain in early June

BANGKOK: -- Thailand will face torrential rain in early June due to the influence of the southwest monsoon, the Meteorological Department has warned.

The weather bureau announced yesterday that all parts of Thailand, particularly the northern, southern and eastern regions would face the heavy rain between 2-5 June.

The regions could face 80-90 percent of the rainfalls during the period, from 60-80 percent currently, said the Meteorological Department.

The kingdom has entered the rainy season, with pours of rain reported across the country over the past days.

The weather bureau warned people to be aware of floods and flash floods in coming weeks, particularly those living in lower areas, riversides and hillsides.

The Meteorological Department said that the rainpours in the kingdom would continue over the next couple of months and would be fading out in October when the cold weather is creeping in.

Meanwhile, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) announced that city officials had been prepared for the rainpours, saying the rainfalls measured no more than 60 millimetres could be dried out within half an hour to one hour, while those measures 60-90 millimetres could be moved out by 1-2 hours.

--TNA 2005-05-31

Got blasted last night just up the road here, Jai Dee... Biggest rain of the year so far. Strange how it's so spotty. Torrents one place and not a drop only a few Km away.

Say, this is sounding a lot like a new thread: " Rain, Part II "

:D:o

Edited by sriracha john

The Meteorological Department said that the rainpours in the kingdom would continue over the next couple of months and would be fading out in October when the cold weather is creeping in.

Spoken like a true expert.

Personally I think it will get dark tonight but should lighten up by morning

I was watching the storm over in Si Racha from my balcony in Pattaya,could see the lightening touch downs,nothing here,just a bit over cast.

I could see it from Na-Jomtien... near the Ambassador Hotel.

But there have been "sound & light shows" most evenings for the past week.

Was it about 7:30 last night Sriracha John?

Rain, Part II? :o

There is only one rain thread.

:D

I was at the local Sriracha driving range the other day with my wife, we were thrilled to see half the range beautiful and clear, the other was lost in a torrential downpour lasting about 10 minutes. Funny natures quirks :o

Where's the rain in Chiang Mai?

People here are getting so paranoid they reckon the Chinese have stolen the rain! :o

cmsally, you just need to be in the right spot at the right moment. Most of the rain around now comes from fast-passing small storms. A few minutes, or a few hundred meters, and it's dry again. A lot of the rain gets dumped around mountain areas from the warm air rising up to meet the rain clouds, and forcing them to release their water...

I expect we'll see some big rains in the next week or so...